Collectors Edition 14 – complete?

KaVau
KaVau Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
Just a few days ago I bought the Collectors Edition Bundle believing, according to the advertising, that it contained “everything”. Now I receive information several times about additional instruments that I can purchase - such as the ukulele instrument. Have I misunderstood something or is it actually a case of misleading, hopefully not a conscious one?

thnx

Best Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 2,011 Guru
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓

Well, typical advertising tactic.

But still, you will get the tools for every genre you can imagine!

And I think the price is good because you get nearly 100 instruments and so many libraries and effects for around 900 dollars!

I still think it's a pretty great deal!

• DodMod
    DodMod Member Posts: 61 Helper
    Answer ✓

There are a few things to bear in mind here:

1. Komplete C.E. was released in late 2022.
    2. Sessions Ukulele has only just been released.

So the Komplete C.E. bundle will contain instruments that were available when it was released. Anything released since then will not be included and would need to be purchased separately. You could of course hold out for Komplete 15 C.E. when some of these instruments will probably be included in the bundle.

As you said in your reply to Milos "Get total creative freedom with almost everything we've ever released". This is not evereything.

Answers

• Milos
    edited December 2023

Dear KaVau,

I would recommend going to this link to see the instruments and information about the comparison of Collector's edition with other editions:

Bundles : Komplete 14 Collectors Edition : Compare | Komplete (native-instruments.com)

Collector's edition obviously has the most instruments and effects, as well as the best versions of all the libraries.

Let me know if you are satisfied with the results.

• Milos
    edited December 2023

About the advertising, they sometimes sprinkle their products with these attributes to appeal to a massive audience, but I am pretty sure their final product backs their ads up a little bit!

With Collector's edition, you will have the instruments and the effects for EVERY genre, even if you won't get every single instrument from the NI, you will get most of them!

Have fun composing!

• KaVau

Thnx Milos,

I've now looked at this comparison, but this advertisement - quote: “HAVE IT ALL
    Get total creative freedom with almost everything we’ve ever released – a huge collection of synths, sampled instruments, effects, and orchestral libraries. KOMPLETE 14 COLLECTOR'S EDITION is our definitive production bundle, with specialized scoring tools for pro-level composers and producers including CHOIR: OMNIA, LORES, Knif Audio Knifonium, and bx_console Focusrite SC, plus KONTAKT 7, Ozone 10 Standard, and many more.… ” irritated me and I assumed that complete also meant “complete”.

• Milos
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓

Well, typical advertising tactic.

But still, you will get the tools for every genre you can imagine!

And I think the price is good because you get nearly 100 instruments and so many libraries and effects for around 900 dollars!

I still think it's a pretty great deal!

• KaVau
    Hi Milos,
    No question about it, the deal is of course correct ;-)

• DodMod
    DodMod Member Posts: 61 Helper
    Answer ✓

There are a few things to bear in mind here:

1. Komplete C.E. was released in late 2022.
    2. Sessions Ukulele has only just been released.

So the Komplete C.E. bundle will contain instruments that were available when it was released. Anything released since then will not be included and would need to be purchased separately. You could of course hold out for Komplete 15 C.E. when some of these instruments will probably be included in the bundle.

As you said in your reply to Milos "Get total creative freedom with almost everything we've ever released". This is not evereything.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,311 Guru
    edited December 2023

If/when NI adds more subscription options as another choice along with perpetual licenses, it would be nice if there was an option for owners of Komplete 14 CE to pay a discounted subscription rate to get access to all interim NI products as they are released.