Scanning VST3 freeze on cubase 12

nikS
nikS Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited March 2022 in Komplete General

Hello guys,

Here is the story: I recently got komplete 13 and I can no longer use Cubase.

Once launched the screen is stuck on "scanning VST3 plug-ins..."

I'm on win10

I had no issue with the "free kontakt " stuff before. it's only since I switched to Komplete 13.

Safe mode works but doesn't help as I can't use K-13 anyway .

Is someone could help me... I spent 2 days uninstalling and reinstalling one by one each soft but nothing seems to work. I'm kinda frustrated.

Thanks for your help.

Best

Best Answer

• nikS
    Answer βœ“

Thanks for your feedback.

I finished cleaning my laptop (win10) from previous cubase and native installation and step by step It looks like

it's going back to normal. I manually went in all the hidden files cleaning the whole HDrive from previous installation (cubase and Native as well). Totally erased all traces.

Since then I download 2 to 3 vst at the time and no more then I launch cubase for the scan see how things goes.

Seems to work. Maybe I push it too far 'cause I almost installed the "complete Komplete" in one shot. Maybe there were some conflicts too... Hard to tell.πŸ€”

Last point I did it this last time with my MOTU turned on.

Hope that will help

Best

πŸ˜‰

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

do you know which specific plugin is causing it to get stuck? Reinstalling the Sample libraries is Unnecessary as they run inside "Kontakt" Here is a link to a list of NI VST3 compatible plugins... so the culprit would be one of these plugins.

VST3 Compatibility of Native Instruments Plug-ins – Native Instruments (native-instruments.com)

• nikS

Thanks For your answer.

I played around wit each separate parts of kontakt... and I can't still spot who's guilty.

I also got rid of the files in the app data ( after uninstalled everything). Same issue

I continue my quest.

Thanks for your help

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Just to clarify, the individual Libraries are not VSTs, so they do not get scanned... so you can take those out of the troubleshooting equation.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @nikS do you have any issues using the standalone version of Kontakt outside of Cubase?

Make sure that Cubase is rescanning the correct file path for Kontakt just in case:

Plug-in Administration in Cubase 9 (and higher)

• nikS
    Answer βœ“

Thanks for your feedback.

I finished cleaning my laptop (win10) from previous cubase and native installation and step by step It looks like

it's going back to normal. I manually went in all the hidden files cleaning the whole HDrive from previous installation (cubase and Native as well). Totally erased all traces.

Since then I download 2 to 3 vst at the time and no more then I launch cubase for the scan see how things goes.

Seems to work. Maybe I push it too far 'cause I almost installed the "complete Komplete" in one shot. Maybe there were some conflicts too... Hard to tell.πŸ€”

Last point I did it this last time with my MOTU turned on.

Hope that will help

Best

πŸ˜‰