Kontrol S61 MK3 - 4D control knob

DMeach78
DMeach78 Member Posts: 9 Newcomer

Hello Community! Asking for help again. I've managed to get my S61 setup decently (the best i can without any editing available currently).

I would like to scroll through my patches on Mainstage using the 4D encoder, however after i setup it only wants to scroll down turning right, but turning left does nothing. I'd like it to scroll back up. I know, pretty basic, but i have tried different things to no avail.

Thank you for any help you may offer.

**Also, to the developers, any BETA editors available to test, i'll gladly offer my services!! 😁

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,830 mod

@DMeach78 I've tried to repro the issue with a S49 MK3 without success. If you open the Komplete Kontrol standalone application, does the encoder work both ways?

• DMeach78

Hey Jeremy, thanks for trying! I’m not sure, I’m at work. So you got it to work then without having my issue? If so, could you tell me how you set it up? I will try when I get home today.

• DMeach78

The encoder works both ways in KK app. But I'm in MainStage. Could you tell me the settings you used in default midi mode to use the 4D encoder both ways in selecting patches in MainStage?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,830 mod

@DMeach78 I thought you meant the encoder was not working as expected when loading a Komplete Kontrol plug-in in Mainstage. This I wasn't able to reproduce.

Now that you mention the MIDI mode, I'm confused. There is no MIDI assignment possible for the 4D encoder and advanced host integration is not possible with Mainstage, only with Logic.

• DMeach78

Jeremy, I see what your saying. But it is at least possible right!?

I've managed very quickly to assign it to move down the patches turning it to the right. Turning to the left does nothing though.

If you cannot help due to no official support i get it. I just bought this for stage use, and this is how i want to use it.. using the 4D to scroll and select patches. it just makes sense.

This discussion has been closed.