Maschine Studio to maschine 2 program: Latency issue

Options
A3INC
A3INC Member Posts: 5 Member

Hey everyone, im looking for information that may help me solve this issue.

When i press a pad on my maschine studio, the response in maschine 2 program is slightly late, which makes fingerdrumming a bit harder to handle.

How can i solve or at least reduce this latency?

Answers

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,222 mod
    Options

Not sure if you're on WIndows or MacOS? What audio drivers are you using in the Maschine software? If you're on Windows you should ideally use ASIO drivers and make sure the buffer size isn't set too high. The lower the better, but it's a tradeoff between response time and possible crackles in the playback.

-- Mike

• Paul Opp
    Paul Opp Member Posts: 29 Member
    Options

This has happened to me before on Maschine. Studio. I really don't know what caused it but i did a restart and started new project and the latency went away. I have never opened that that old project either. It works fine now.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

OS (Mac or Windows)? DAW? Audio Buffer settings (Preferences >Audio)?

• A3INC
    A3INC Member Posts: 5 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

im using Windows 10, and I also believe I have found part of the problem. The different effects I had put under group and master were part of the problem. However with all of them off the basic sound is still slightly late when I press a pad.

EDIT: The Buffer size was definitely a problem. Thanks @D-One! there's still a tiny bit of latency, but I think that's from the effects I have turned on. Is there a good way to handle that?

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,222 mod
    Options

If you're playing live you can't really do much about it apart from avoid any effects with higher latency. If you're record tracks you can record with the effects off and a low buffer size to get your beats down then increase the buffer size and add the effects when you're doing your mixing.

-- Mike

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Options

Some plugins just have higher processing latency and are meant for mixing after production is finished, when latency/lag is no longer a problem.

Some plugins do have options you can turn off that decrease that latency, such as oversampling, linear phase, etc... Some companies such as Waves make plugins that have ´lighter´ live shows versions too.

My advice is to stick with plugs that don't have high induced latency at the production stage if you value responsiveness. I use my DAW (Ableton) to know the exact numbers