Do you get individual codes for each copy of Komplete Select 14 included with Hardware?

Options
NativeAmerican
NativeAmerican Member Posts: 46 Member

I have bought a few devices that say they come with Komplete Select 14, but when I registered the second device, I did not receive another copy or code to use for Komplete select 14. I am not sure how komplete works actually. I don't know how many devices I can install my sounds on or what the options are. I have multiple copies of komplete, I have 9 ultimate, 12 Select, 14 select, and multiple copies of Maschine, I just have no clue what the restrictions are or what the rules are for installing on portable external devices to keep the sounds mobile.

Best Answer

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,212 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

The licensing agreement is 3 machines per licence for Komplete and Maschine as it says here - Installing Native Instruments Products on a New Computer – Native Instruments (native-instruments.com) If you have multiple licences, you can multiply the number of licences by three to get the maximum number of permitted computers.

But ... I've been using NI software for way too long and at no point have I had any problems installing on new computers and I've never uninstalled software when I rebuild or upgrade machines, so I'm pretty sure the count isn't checked (yet). That doesn't apply to stuff from iZotope or Plugin Alliance though as they have their own licensing schemes.

-- Mike

Answers

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,212 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

The licensing agreement is 3 machines per licence for Komplete and Maschine as it says here - Installing Native Instruments Products on a New Computer – Native Instruments (native-instruments.com) If you have multiple licences, you can multiply the number of licences by three to get the maximum number of permitted computers.

But ... I've been using NI software for way too long and at no point have I had any problems installing on new computers and I've never uninstalled software when I rebuild or upgrade machines, so I'm pretty sure the count isn't checked (yet). That doesn't apply to stuff from iZotope or Plugin Alliance though as they have their own licensing schemes.

-- Mike