Kontakt 7 player will not open

Options
Patrick Quigg
Patrick Quigg Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

I've been trying for about a day now to try to get Kontakt 7 player to open as I had recently installed new libraries that are not compatible with older versions of kontakt (yes I still have kontakt 6 I just haven't gotten rid of it yet). I was moving files between two different drives on my PC and I do remember deleting the Users/Public/Public Documents folder since at the time I was unaware that this is where native access defaults to store content (I have the legacy version of native access because the new version won't even install). I have tried reinstalling Kontakt 7 player, Native Access, and the libraries that I have installed with Native Access and I still don't get any more than the cursor turning to the blue loading circle for a split-second before not opening at all. Yes I know there are some lessons to be learned here but I would seriously appreciate any help because this is starting to drive me crazy.

Comments

• bofog
    bofog Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Hi.I have the same issue..very frustrating and no solution or cure,even after uninstall and reinstall...no NI assist either which also is extremely bad..would like to be offered a 'chat' with somebody from NI

• bofog
    bofog Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Did you solve the problem Patrick?

• Patrick Quigg
    Options

No I still haven't been able to solve it :(

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,970 mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

To try to see if it makes any difference then :

Try to uninstall the Kontakt 7 player from Native Access , then close Native Access

Then download the NI Uninstall RegTool_64bit and check if there is anything Kontakt 7 player left , if there is then remove that using the tool , else just close tool.

Then try downloading this Kontakt_7_760_PC.zip and then unzip and then run installer as an Admin

Run Native Access as an admin and check if Kontakt 7 Player needs to be activated .

Try running Kontakt 7 Player as an Admin

• Patrick Quigg
    Options

Hey thanks for the help. I followed the steps and it's telling me that I now have the full version of Kontakt 7 installed however I still cannot open it. Is there anything else that I can do?

• Patrick Quigg
    edited December 2023
    Options

• Patrick Quigg
    Options

It's also gotten to the point where when I open my DAW (Ableton) which opens with a template song that has Kontakt 6 & 7 in it, the template cannot load and Ableton crashes. This had worked before and neither the standalone version or the version in my DAW work despite the fact that Native Access says I have the full version of Kontakt 7 installed.

• komthusr
    komthusr Member Posts: 45 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

But you said you only had the kontakt 7 player, if you installed the full version without the license, no wonder it doesn't work.

• Patrick Quigg
    Options

I downloaded it with Komplete start which includes Kontakt 7 player and under the "not installed" section it said "Kontakt 7 player". However, after refreshing the page after install, it appeared in the installed section as Kontakt 7. I don't know why it did that plus I never had the option to activate a license upon opening Kontakt since the application will not open to begin with.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,970 mod
    Options

I apologize § : My bad , By mistake I gave you a link to the full version of Kontakt , so you need to uninstall the full version and install the Player version instead.

Because you continue to have problems then you should contact Kontakt support :   http://bit.ly/NIsupport_kontakt