Mac OS Filesystem Suggestions?

Options
Michael Groarke
Michael Groarke Member Posts: 23 Member

I've tried to be clear in my head about the various files that one can save when using Kontakt: Instruments, Multis, Mixers, Output Configurations, etc.

Where do you put these files? There's the Application folder (even though that's more about standalone and my use is exclusively DAW-based). There's the folder where I store all my sample libraries. There's the "Native instruments" folder which was created inside my Documents folder. Is there a "correct answer" to this question? A best practice?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Vic Angelo
    Vic Angelo Member Posts: 110 Advisor
    Answer ✓
    Options

on Mac OS... Native Instruments puts their official Libraries including their content in the "Mac HD --> Users --> Shared" ... this is probably so that any Kontakt Libraries, Expansions, settings etc... can be accessed by all users of the computer if you have multiple users. I personally put it in a Custom Patch Folder in my Music Folder. I Make make sure to add custom folders to "Libraries" on Kontakt/KK/Maschine

Answers

• Vic Angelo
    Vic Angelo Member Posts: 110 Advisor
    Answer ✓
    Options

on Mac OS... Native Instruments puts their official Libraries including their content in the "Mac HD --> Users --> Shared" ... this is probably so that any Kontakt Libraries, Expansions, settings etc... can be accessed by all users of the computer if you have multiple users. I personally put it in a Custom Patch Folder in my Music Folder. I Make make sure to add custom folders to "Libraries" on Kontakt/KK/Maschine