Using Maschine Jam/Maschine MK3 with Traktor

Options
MANTA
MANTA Member Posts: 3 Member
edited March 5 in Mapping Traktor

Hi everyone! I think it would be great to play my own music and that of others with Traktor Pro 3. Because I already have the necessary gear from NI, I asked myself whether I even need a DJ controller. Perhaps I can start working in a different creative way first. I have a Maschine MK3 and a Maschine Jam. Is this enough to run a decent set?

I did find a number of YouTube videos on how to link Traktor with Maschine Jam. However, these are all quite outdated videos, I don't know if new Maschine Jam-Traktor/maps exist.

Thank you in advance and apologies if I ask a question that has already been asked a hundred times.

Best Answer

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,681 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

maps.djtechtools.com is where you can find mappings for your controller.

Also check midimonsters and traktormaps.

Answers

• Stevan
    Answer ✓
    Options

maps.djtechtools.com is where you can find mappings for your controller.

Also check midimonsters and traktormaps.

• MANTA
    MANTA Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Thank Stevan! Do you also recommend working with another (not as expensive controller as the S4) in addition to these controllers? Or, from your experience, is it doable with just these two?

• Stevan
    Options

Adding K2 as a 4 channel midi mixer and internal sound card. With correct mappings you could control EQ and Filter on MK3 encoders and have volume faders assigned to JAM touch strips (which are one of the best implementation of fader resolution in a midi controller).

If you know the software then it is also doable with just mouse and keyboard, and best way to learn the software is to start working on your custom mapping.

Don't add Z1 if you plan to use all four Decks because the C and D monitoring will be disabled.