Maschine+ cables to record from the vinyl

Options
Sergei Afanasev
Sergei Afanasev Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited November 2023 in Maschine

Hi all,

a newbie question please. Which cable should I use to connect my LP player with a built-in pre-amp to Maschine plus to sample the sound? I've tried two options but non worked

1) RCA-to-TS connecting to Line 1 and Line 2 at the same time in the Maschine gave no sound

2) RCA to TRS Line 1 (see the screenshot), switching Maschine + to stereo gives a hissing sound with no bass at all. I am able to pass the signal only in mono Line 1 L or Line 1 R.

I would really appreciate if someone could recommend which cable I should get to sample the sound from the LP player into Machine+.

Thanks a lot!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Oh, the info on that thing is hard to find. Well, active speakers have internal amps, not sure it's a great idea to do that tho...

Then you need a Phono Preamp, there's cheap ones on Amazon for 20/30$ all the way to expensive stuff if you care about quality.

I guess you could try via USB, but even if it works you wouldn't be able to hear the output as M+/Maschine does not support different Interfaces per In/Out.

Answers

• D-One
    edited November 2023
    Options

You need: Dual RCA to dual TS 1/4".

A record player having an amp does not necessarily mean it spits out Line Level signal, it could be just Phono, which requires an external AMP... Name your record player model so we can check.

• Sergei Afanasev
    edited November 2023
    Options

I've tried this cable first, but was able to sample only in mono either Line 1 or Line 2. When I turned on Stereo Line 1 R+L - there was not sound at all. The Vinyl player is Pro Ject debut 3 recordmaster, thanks D-One

• D-One
    edited November 2023
    Options

Did you enable the side switch to LINE Out?

Make sure nothing is connected to the MIC IN of the M+.

• Sergei Afanasev
    edited November 2023
    Options

got no such a function on the LP player (( But, yeah, no mic, no nothing on M+. I have checked the tech specs of the LP player -- these RCA's are phono output sockets. They play well into my my active speakers though without any amp needed.

• D-One
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Oh, the info on that thing is hard to find. Well, active speakers have internal amps, not sure it's a great idea to do that tho...

Then you need a Phono Preamp, there's cheap ones on Amazon for 20/30$ all the way to expensive stuff if you care about quality.

I guess you could try via USB, but even if it works you wouldn't be able to hear the output as M+/Maschine does not support different Interfaces per In/Out.

• Sergei Afanasev
    Options

yep, you are right. Thanks a mil D-one, much appreciate it!