Analog dreams and such don't work anymore

Options
salvelsamu
salvelsamu Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

So I've got Kontakt 6 and some time ago I updated Analog dreams, Ethereal Earth and Hybrid keys to the latest versions. Then I found out those versions (2.1.1) are for kontakt 7.

I found a topic where is explained that I need to reinstall the previous version (2.0.3) and NI moderator provided a link to some zip files with the mentioned versions (here the link to the topic https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/17039/previous-versions-of-recently-updated-kontakt-libraries-compatibility-with-k6-older-libraries#latest . I installed them in the same path where they always have been (an external hard disk) and they figure in Native Access as always.

Now I open kontakt player and these 3 instruments are disappeared in the libraries section. They don't appear in the libraries option tab either. I updated the search path for libraries and samples. I can find the instruments in the file section but when I load them they don't work, kontakt says is a demo version, and yet they don't make any sound.

At some point kontakt says that the product was not registered. So I go in my profile, find the registration number, put it in native access, had the confirmation of the registered product, restarted cubase... nothing happened.

Don't know what to do other than this...

Comments

• darkogav
    darkogav Member Posts: 70 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

I have similar issues with these products. They launch in demo mode in K7 player. I managed to fix it from NI support rep recommendation.

Close all NI products.

go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments

rename the Kontakt 7 folder to something els.e

relaunch Kontakt 7.

check that the instruments load and work.

relaunch Komplete Kontrol

check that the instruments load and work.

i also had to re-scan all the content and repoint it to content folder as i have all my content on a separate disk drive volume.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Options

Issue is being investigated!

• Neo110
    Neo110 Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Any update on this investigation?? I've spent a full day now trying to work around this, meanwhile plenty of new threads and posts have cropped up here describing this exact same issue. K6 is not showing libraries even when the old versions are installed, which are compatible with K6. When they are loaded from NKI file, they are in demo mode. When saved K6 sessions are opened, the libraries fail to load due to content missing error. We really need the product team to take a look at this, and it's a shame this has to happen during the BF sale when there's also plenty of noise from people asking how to download Native Access and stuff like that. PLEASE help, I have no way of recalling my sessions now.

• EvilDragon
    edited November 2023
    Options

I have literally posted it's being investigated half an hour ago. It's past midnight in Central Europe, this can be looked into tomorrow.

I am pretty sure I know what the cause is, but the person who can fix it is currently sleeping and can only take a look at it... tomorrow.

Please hold on!

• DaDa the DuDu
    DaDa the DuDu Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I have the samme issue - Analog Dreams does not appear in the Library list

• EvilDragon
    Options

This should be fixed now. Please open Native Access so that it picks up the latest library metadata (NativeAccess.xml) and then run Kontakt 6 after that, you should see all Play Series titles that you have!

• darkogav
    Options

yes. i can also confirm, as of this morning, launching NA and then launching K6, everything works.

Now what remains is, I still have a few newer Kontakt products that need Kontakt 7. I completley removed Kontkat 7 player because it took over everything and interfered with Maschine.

If I install the Kontakt 7 player, will the problems return again? Will NI support release a new patched Kontakt 7 player? Will NI support offer the older version of Kontakt 7 player for download? I can confirm things worked with Kontakt 7.6.x player?

thanks

• salvelsamu
    salvelsamu Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options
  • EvilDragon
    Options

In Maschine go to Preferences->Plugins and disable option to use latest version of NI plugins. Then K6 and K7 should nicely cooperate within Maschine.

• darkogav
    edited November 2023
    Options

That works. Though i am certain that checkbox was unchecked all along.

Either way, what seems to have happened is, when i relaunched NA 2 this afternoon, it installed something in the background, and now everything is working as per before.

• Heisanevilgenius
    Heisanevilgenius Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Beautiful, it works again. Thanks!

• AudioMarsh
    AudioMarsh Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I'm still getting this... :(

Native Access tells me everything is up to date!...