Komplete Kontrol 3.0.3 can't recall old sessions

Options
KarlKaos
KarlKaos Member Posts: 34 Member
edited November 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi!

First of all let me say I'm very happy we got Komplete Kontrol 3 as a free update, but I'm having a lot of issues that force me to go back to 2.9.6 all the time.

The biggest issue I have is that 3 in general struggles to load session that were made with Komplete Kontrol 2.

This is what you get:

It just loads Komplete Kontrol 3.0.3 and it is empty. There is no indication what went wrong or what instrument I am missing here (even tho I'm almost 100 % sure all my instruments are installed). Just to make sure the same session works perfectly fine with Komplete Kontrol 2.9.6.

It loaded perfectly fine with the old version, but I really would love to use the new version, but I just can't. Please fix this

Best Answer

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,360 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Unfortunately it is a known bug for many people. Hopefully this time they will fix it, however the same bug appeared in Battery (last year, if i remember well) and people are still waiting for a solution.

Usually it happened if you were using VST2 version and now you use VST3. However, there is a workaround, by convert your projects from VST2 to VST3:

• Open your project, and duplicate the tracks with a VST2 version.
    • In the duplicated track, delete the VST2, and load the VST3 version.
    • Load the correct instrument (same you used in the VST2 version).
    • Copy all other settings (Mixer setting, FX etc.), from the original track (in Cubase, is just a simple click) and paste them to the new one, the one with the VST3 version.
    • Delete the original (VST2) track.
    • Save project.
    • Do the same for all your projects who have VST2 versions.

Finally, install the new version (KK 3.0.3) and you are good for ever (eh, for some years at least). No more VST2, no more troubles. :-)

Answers

• KarlKaos
    Options

And I forgot to mention when I use the transport keys on my S61 mk2 it completely crashes my Cubase 13 Pro.

• KarlKaos
    Options

Guess I'm the only one that works on old projects ...

• Hans Dobbelaere
    Hans Dobbelaere Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Hello there

I have the same issue. It's frustrating!!!

So Karl, you're not the only one that works on old projects.

• Hans Dobbelaere
    Hans Dobbelaere Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

How do I go back to the previous version?

I guess that's the only way to get back my instruments and sounds, isn'tit? 

• KarlKaos
    Options

But it can't be the final solution to go back to an old version

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,360 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Unfortunately it is a known bug for many people. Hopefully this time they will fix it, however the same bug appeared in Battery (last year, if i remember well) and people are still waiting for a solution.

Usually it happened if you were using VST2 version and now you use VST3. However, there is a workaround, by convert your projects from VST2 to VST3:

• Open your project, and duplicate the tracks with a VST2 version.
    • In the duplicated track, delete the VST2, and load the VST3 version.
    • Load the correct instrument (same you used in the VST2 version).
    • Copy all other settings (Mixer setting, FX etc.), from the original track (in Cubase, is just a simple click) and paste them to the new one, the one with the VST3 version.
    • Delete the original (VST2) track.
    • Save project.
    • Do the same for all your projects who have VST2 versions.

Finally, install the new version (KK 3.0.3) and you are good for ever (eh, for some years at least). No more VST2, no more troubles. :-)

• KarlKaos
    Options

I have over 300 projects where I used Komplete Kontrol 2, I don't have a week to convert everything

• KarlKaos
    Options

Does anyone know when the VST 3 version released, so I can at least narrow it down ?

• KarlKaos
    edited November 2023
    Options

I just did some research and loaded an old project from 2020. Cubase 13 Pro automatically loads the Komplete Kontrol 2 VST 3 version even tho the project was made with the VST 2 version (because I'm sure 2020 the VST 3 version wasn't out yet). But still it is not compatible

To confirm this I deleted the VST 2 version of KK2 and the project would still recall as intended. That means all my projects already use the VST 3 version of Komplete Kontrol 2 and it is still not compatible with the Komplete Kontrol 3.0.3 version

• zenluiz
    zenluiz Member Posts: 11 Member
    Options

I assure you, you are not the only one 😅

I struggle with the same problem, but my DAW (Live) is not as nice with us and doesn't replace VST2 plugins by their VST3 versions, unfortunately.

Glad I've read your post before updating my KK2 to KK3.

• KarlKaos
    Options

I think I got it working now. All I did was 2 things:

1) I deleted the VST 2 file

2) I made my own folders in the VST 2 & 3 plugin folder to group all plugins from the same company and I completely removed all of them

I went through a couple of old projects from 2020 and to my surprise all recalled perfectly in KK3

• KarlKaos
    Options

You can always go back. It is just a quick download and install, no more than a couple of minutes

• KarlKaos
    Options

OK so here are my findings how it works in Cubase:

1) You gotta delete the VST2 file of KK2

2) Load an old session, Cubase automatically replaces the VST2 version of KK2 with the VST3 version

3) save the session

4) Install KK3 and then it works

For other DAWs you might have to replace manually which is a lot of work ...

• thirdeyem
    thirdeyem Member Posts: 16 Member
    Options

my Komplete KK3 won't load any sounds did you have that problem too?