Not working Native access loader software

Options
SergeyPichugin
SergeyPichugin Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited November 2023 in Native Access

Hello! When installing native access and launch it gives the following error, what could be the problem? there is such a path and there is an empty folder

my mac os version is sonoma 14.1.1, chip m2

After clicking on "Installation filed: Review location preferenes" The window in the second screenshot opens.

What am I doing wrong? and what do I need to fix?

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,618 Expert
    edited November 2023
    Options

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014900358-Compatibility-of-Native-Instruments-Products-on-macOS

Never a good idea to run the latest macOS until checking if everything actually works on it.

Basically, this is the only software tested to work so could be some time before things are tested. Always (if possible) hold off at least 1+ month before updating to a new macOS version since it tends to break everything.

• MrLeoMadrid
    MrLeoMadrid Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited December 2023
    Options

Sorry but I am a bit confused about that. I was using Native Access 3.8.0 with Kontakt 7 and other libraries flawlessly. One month ago I upgraded to Mac OS Sonoma 14.1.2 (M1 chipset) and everything crashed.... It is one month since I am not able to use NA, nor Kontakt 7, etc... I have manually deleted everything, tried to make a fresh new install (gave full disk access and everything which I found in the help pages) with no success at all. Now I am getting a "Download failed" error from Native Access and I cannot download Kontakt.

So... is Native Access compatible with Mac OS Sonoma 14?

Many thanks in advance.

• MrLeoMadrid
    MrLeoMadrid Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

After searching throughout the forum, I found the solution: by deactivating the Private Relay in iCloud settings, I'm now able to download all the apps, libraries, etc., again and get them to work. It would be appreciated if they mentioned this in the troubleshooting method of the technical support to assist other users.

• Rooster
    Rooster Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options
    > @MrLeoMadrid said:
    > After searching throughout the forum, I found the solution: by deactivating the Private Relay in iCloud settings, I'm now able to download all the apps, libraries, etc., again and get them to work. It would be appreciated if they mentioned this in the troubleshooting method of the technical support to assist other users.

This worked for me as well when everything else failed. I don’t know why Native Access hasn’t been updated to address this problem. Similarly, it seems to be taking NI an awfully long time to catch up with MacOS 14 (Sonoma) in general. It’s disappointing.