Valves Pro not functioning properly

Options
tonyalexa
tonyalexa Member Posts: 12 Member
edited November 2023 in Kontakt

I just purchased Valves Pro and installed it on my desktop and laptop, both being Windows 10 with Kontakt 7. While the installation on the laptop works fine, the desktop installation does not.

On the desktop, after multiple re-installations of Valves Pro and one reinstall of Kontakt 7 (which was working without a problem) I can only get very short notes if I play the virtuoso patch of the solo instrument using legato. No other patches or instruments work and the one patch that makes a sound gets nothing without legato.

Has anyone else experienced this and found an answer to the problem?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,942 Guru
    Options

Maybe you should reinstall Valves or make a custom desktop folder for plugins via File Management inside Native Access (VST or VST3, free to choose)

I hope the problem will get solved.

• tonyalexa
    Options

Thanks for responding.

However, this isn't just a VST problem and I've re-installed Valves Pro multiple times. It's also a problem in standalone mode. I don't think this is related to filme management issues since everything else works fine and the exact same set-up and file structure works on my desktop.

It seems that the legato samples are the only samples working and even then, it's just the transition. There is no sustain or any other articulations. All samples are properly downloaded and I I've tried copying the the Valves Pro folder from my laptop (where it works) to my desktop and that still doesn't work.

Kontakt settings are the same on both systems. If it's a setting problem, it maybe a Windows setting or another app that is causing the issue.

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,942 Guru
    Options

Hmm...

Maybe PoorFellow can help.

Mesaage him on this community.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Options

@tonyalexa What differences do your computers have? Are you using the same audio interface? If you check Kontakt preferences on both computers, are there any differences? Especially the CPU overload prevention options, multiprocessor support.

• tonyalexa
    edited November 2023
    Options

I use different audio interfaces. The desktop uses a Steinberg UR28M while the laptop is using a NI Komplete Audio 2. I just tried connecting the desktop to the NI interface and this did not help.

Both have K7 preferences = CPU overload prevention disabled, multiprocessor support for 12 cores. However, the laptop is version 7.7.0 while the desktop is 7.7.1. I believe this issue started before I updated the desktop from 7.7.0 to 7.7.1 and I don't want to update the laptop's K7 since it's working OK. I see some interface options were added in 7.7.1. But I turned them off and that made no difference. If I can go back to 7.7.0 to try that again, I'll do it. How can I get the 7.7.0 K7 files back?

As a reminder, only the legato transition samples for the solo instruments will play. All the samples were downloaded, but they aren't being triggered. The instrument is locked, so I can't look under the hood to look for clues on this end that might help see why the other samples aren't being triggered. It would be nice if e-instruments didn't lock that. A lot of us could possibly fix our own issues if that wasn't locked.

• tonyalexa
    Options

Just sent the results of the NI Support Tool to NI Support.

• Christoph R.
    Christoph R. Member Posts: 19 Member
    Options

Hey Tony,

I'm facing the exact same problems with Valves and Valves Pro as you're describing. Please keep me updated if you find out what's causing the troubles.

Thanks

Chris

• tonyalexa
    Options

So far, none of the responses they've given have helped. If you have time to submit a support ticket, that might help push things. The more they receive, the harder they might try because at the moment, they're not trying very hard. I'm just getting the standard "re-install it" type of responses. All of the suggestions had already been attempted before I contacted them and that was in my initial report.

The NI Support Tool gives them an idea of what my system looks like. If you're able to run that as well, maybe they'll see a commonality that will cause the issue with all similar systems.

• Christoph R.
    Christoph R. Member Posts: 19 Member
    Options

Thank you Tony! I will submit a report and hopefully help to push things. I had the same experience months ago, when after a Kontakt 7 update the NI Session Guitarist instruments kept crashing my DAW. I got the same responses like you, even though - like you - I had tried many thinks before submitting a report, and I really gave them a very detailed history of all my attempts to solve the problem. From their responses I guessed they hadn't even properly read my report. It took two weeks and more users who had become aware of the problem, to finally convince NI support the problem had to be dealt with on their end.

Lets hope for a quick solution.

Best

Chris

• tonyalexa
    Answer ✓
    Options

Note this thread: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/19834/new-install-valves-pro-no-sound

As reported there, my problem seems to also be MIDI related. Valves Pro works properly if MIDI is set to omni, but not if set to a single MIDI channel. By default, the MIDI channel on my desktop is set to channel 1, but it's omni on my laptop. This explains why the laptop worked but the desktop did not.

Someone reported this as a bug and NI is supposedly working on it.

• Berlincore
    Berlincore Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

No problem, dont worry. I experienced SHITLOADS of problems that shouldnt occure after an investment of thousands of Euros - like you.

Welcome to the fooled customers club. You qualify by spending a lot of money, being triggered by the performance of the youtube videos, surfaces, sounds, need to do music and people shown to you having no technical issues.

Then reality kicks in : You sit in front of an interface of the 80s with ridiculously small windows that cant be changed, files cant be found, something is missing, updates taking forever and in the end not working properly - then you switch to standalone mode, not even using your DAW anymore.

Only to walk through the same ****** again. I am so fed up with this company.