Slider Controls Problem

Oneiros
Oneiros Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Recently when I move slider controls on some instruments to adjust effects like vibrato, expression, etc., all the other sliders in that instrument and similar instruments will start moving in sync. This has been most noticeable in Spitfire instruments. My DAW if FL Studio. This seemed to begin after my hard drive crashed. I have changed out the mouse and connected it to a different USB port, but that has no impact. I also reinstalled Kontakt 6, with no improvement. The problem does not seem to occur in Kontakt 5.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    Answer ✓

This is a VST3 only issue, if you load Kontakt 6 as VST2 it should work fine.

• Oneiros
    Answer ✓

I went ahead and renamed the vst3 file and then I placed the kontakt.dll file into the vst2 folder (as well as into the vst3 folder). To clarify for others, the vst2 file seems to be named kontakt.dll. I then had to get FL Studio to look at the correct vst2 folder, then added this version of Kontakt to the DAW. That seemed to solve the problem. Thank you so much!

Answers

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    Answer ✓

This is a VST3 only issue, if you load Kontakt 6 as VST2 it should work fine.

• Oneiros

Thank you. However, I can't seem to find Kontakt.vst2 on my computer.

• Oneiros
    Answer ✓

I went ahead and renamed the vst3 file and then I placed the kontakt.dll file into the vst2 folder (as well as into the vst3 folder). To clarify for others, the vst2 file seems to be named kontakt.dll. I then had to get FL Studio to look at the correct vst2 folder, then added this version of Kontakt to the DAW. That seemed to solve the problem. Thank you so much!