Can't install Kontakt Factory Library 2, "invalid location"

Options
jwmcquaig
jwmcquaig Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

I'm having trouble trying to install the Kontakt Factory Library 2 after getting Kontakt 7. I've changed the default "Content Location" path to where I want the library to install, and it tells me that path is invalid. It asks me to "locate the Kontakt Factory Library 2 library folder" on my system but I'm almost certain it doesn't exist as far as I can tell. How can I locate it if I haven't installed it?

Now normally, if I understand correctly, I might have to locate the .nicnt file if I had any issues, but it doesn't exist anywhere on my computer or any external drive either.

I've attached some potentially helpful screen grabs. Thanks in advance for any help!

Best Answer

• jwmcquaig
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks Jeremy. It is an APFS drive. Bafflingly, the installation just started working seemingly randomly... I didn't change anything from before as far as I know, so I'm sort of at a loss... I appreciate your response!

Answers

• jwmcquaig
    edited November 2023
    Options

Additional info:

I have ample free space on my external drive for installation in addition to space/purgeable space on my system HD.

I have granted full disk access to everything NI, Native Access, NTK Daemon, Kontakt etc.

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,939 Guru
    Options

I would recommend creating a custom folder for these plugins in the desktop.

I did it and it helped me when I had that issue.

• jwmcquaig
    Options

Milos, could you please elaborate?

• Milos
    Options

1.Create a folder inside the desktop.

2.Name the custom folder anything you want.

3.Now, go to the File Management and choose VST3 location as that folder you just created.

Hope it helps.

• jwmcquaig
    Options

Thanks for the reply. As you can see in one of the photos there in no "VST3" location in the file management tab in Native Access. Perhaps a discrepancy in version?

• Milos
    Options

You can change any other location into the folder that is in your desktop then.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@jwmcquaig What is the format of your external hard drive? It should be APFS: Notes on Hard Drive Formats on Mac Computers

• jwmcquaig
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks Jeremy. It is an APFS drive. Bafflingly, the installation just started working seemingly randomly... I didn't change anything from before as far as I know, so I'm sort of at a loss... I appreciate your response!

• J3uddha
    J3uddha Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I fixed my issue by deleting the .plist files for my missing libraries. On a mac, you can find them in Macintosh HD -> Library -> Preferences -> com.native-instruments.[library-name].plist.

For example: com.native-instruments.Battery 4.plist

This should remove the "broken installation" icon and allow you to do a fresh reinstall of that library.