Komplete Kontrol VST2 disappeared again after updating to KompleteKontrol 3.0.2

Options
FabienK
FabienK Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hello everyone,

I use Ableton Live and KompleteKontrolMk3.

Like many of us, when updating to KK 3.0.0 the VST2 version of KK disappeared.

This was fixed with KK 3.0.1 but the problem resurfaced with KK 3.0.2.

I've tried to install KK 2.9.6, keep the VST2 aside and reinstall KK3.0.2 and it didn't work.

Ableton doesn't "see" the VST2....

Therefore the KK instrument rack meant to work in Ableton doesn't work...

It's very frustrating...

Does anyone have a solution??

Or does anyone have the KK3.0.1 installer somewhere???

Best Answers

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,095 mod
    Options

Hello,

maybe this helps, there is a post from D-One with the file

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/comment/107618

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
  • FabienK
    FabienK Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Hello,

Thank you for your tips and recommandations.

After differents trials, it seems to be working.

I work with Ableton 11 (version 1.3) on PC windows 11.

Here is what I did :

1 - Uninstall everything regarding Komplete Kontrol in order to start with a clean sheet. I used Revo Unisntslaller. Then, delete the VST (2 or 3) files from your VST folder if some remain.

2 - Re-Install the latest verion of Komplete Kontrol (3.0.2 when I write this comment).

3 - Launch the stand alone KK app to scan your database and check that the KK browser appears on the keyboard screen (check that your MK3 keyboard works as it should). Once the scan is complete launch Ableton and rescan your plug in (in Ableton preferences). Then check that the KK browser and that the MK3 keyboard works as it should.

4 - Now, follow the first 4 steps of this procedure : "How to Keep Komplete Kontrol 2.9 (VST2) and Komplete Kontrol 3 (VST3) on Your Windows System"

5 - Launch the stand alone KK app to scan your database and check that the KK browser appears on the keyboard screen (check that your MK3 keyboard works as it should).

6 - Now that's where it's a bit "unconventional". Placing the VST2 file in my regular VST folder (step 5 of the procedure above) didn't work. Ableton wouldn't "see" the VST2 plug in. Even after a scan of the plug ins. So I made a new folder in my VST folder, named it "KompleteKontrolVST2" and placed the KK VST2 file and another random VST file (Battery 4) in it. I then launched Ableton, re scanned the plug-ins and it worked...

I have cheked with an old session that uses lots of KK VST2 (alone or in the KK instrument rack made by NATIVE) and everything worked.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,785 mod
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

This advice is missing one crucial step. While the scanapp in 3.02 is now renamed to scanapp3 so it can theoretically run alongside scanapp (v2), someone forgot to stop the installer removing scanapp (v2) as part of the KK3 install process. So people also need to back that up as well as the VST2, then put it back in the same folder as scanapp3 after install is completed, otherwise plugins will not scan or be updated in Komplete Kontrol v2, even if it is running alongside KK3.

I'm guessing that may be one reason some people are missing plugins