Komplete Kontrol 3.02 is not working on my Win11 23H2 machine

Options
LX World
LX World Member Posts: 20 Member
edited November 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

I've spent an entire week trying to get this thing to work property and all it does is crash on startup! The problem is it cannot load even the Native Instruments plugins when you try to launch content! I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it in Native Access and re-doing the database (deleting the .db3 files) but nothing works!

Best Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,368 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Please watch carefully the KK start up screen and if possible make an image at the crashing time..

as KK scans, you can see what it is scanning, in the start up screen. The name that you see at crashing time, it is likely to be the cause of the crash (maybe some incompatible plugin or so)

• LX World
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

An old Computer Music cover disk freebie plug in called Wolfram CM seems to be one plug in causing the crash in my case. I've uninstall it (I never use it anyway!) for the time being. Only posting this in case others are having trouble with the same plug in. Here's hoping this solves the issue. Otherwise going back to the old version of Komplete Kontrol could well be the answer whilst this is sorted out by N.I. (they must surely be aware).

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,368 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Please watch carefully the KK start up screen and if possible make an image at the crashing time..

as KK scans, you can see what it is scanning, in the start up screen. The name that you see at crashing time, it is likely to be the cause of the crash (maybe some incompatible plugin or so)

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 611 Pro
    Options

Sunborn makes a good point. Watch the scanning screen...the one on the computer, not on the KK screen. While I have not had any crashes myself, I HAVE had what seems to be lockups in KK. But if I would just look carefully, I'd see that the scanning task opened a SECOND KK DIALOG BOX, asking me to do something or warning me that something else couldn't be found.

If you're on Windows, it won't open that dialog in focus (aka "in front" of your main KK user interface). So if you don't see it, it will appear that KK locked up. Or it will appear that the KK keyboard locked up. No, they didn't lock up...they're just waiting for this daydreaming user to see the box and click "ok" or something, lol!

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,617 Expert
    Options

If you changed the plugin location settings in the preferences, be sure you ONLY added folders for VST2/3 plugins and not things like your whole C drive or the entire Program Files directory.

During the startup scan you should be able to press ESC to bypass scanning and if that works, your issue is a plugin (or some DLL file) being scanned that likely causes the software to tank. If that is the case, issue is either a plugin causing the issue (which using the suggestions above you should be able to see what plugin is hit when the crash happens during scan) or the scanner is trying to read a dll file that is not a plugin and is causing issues, easily happens if you add inappropriate paths to the plugin list.

However, unless you have an MK3 keyboard i'd be suggesting to delete V3 of KK and go back to V2 since that seems to be more stable at the moment.

• LX World
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

An old Computer Music cover disk freebie plug in called Wolfram CM seems to be one plug in causing the crash in my case. I've uninstall it (I never use it anyway!) for the time being. Only posting this in case others are having trouble with the same plug in. Here's hoping this solves the issue. Otherwise going back to the old version of Komplete Kontrol could well be the answer whilst this is sorted out by N.I. (they must surely be aware).

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,617 Expert
    Options

Yeah unlikely they will do anything about a single plugin that is not one they develop. If the issue appears to be that plugin, likely you will now have to just never use it again. I still have major issues I logged about whole suites of plugins (Korg, Cherry Audio) that cannot be used within the VST3 version of KK when inside Ableton and it has even been confirmed as an issue by NI, but that was 18 months ago and is still a problem in v3 of the software, so I wouldn't hold out much hope at all for anything in the future that is no working or functional today.

• LX World
    Options

It's working on 11 now. Windows 10 (my 2nd machine) latest service pack is the real nightmare!