I'm Looking For RnB & Soul Producers, Arrangers, and Songwriters

Options
Aron Stokes
Aron Stokes Member Posts: 32 Member
edited November 2023 in Social Club

Hello all! I'm a musician, singer and producer looking for new connections with producers, arrangers, and musicians, particularly in the RnB/Soul field of music. When I say RnB, I'm referring to the sound of artists like Toni Braxton, Babyface, Brandy, Brian McKnight, Jazmine Sullivan, Chrisette Michele, H.E.R., Daniel Caesar, and so on... NOT so much the newer RnB sound with hip-hop tracks and RnB vocalists singing with more of a rap-like flow. Make sense?

Currently, I'm writing and producing my entire album, but I could really use some collaboration tracks. I need a good arranger for RnB music, someone who can handle arranging drums and other rhythmic aspects of the music, instrumentation, vocal mixing techniques, etc. I typically pick the drum sounds or samples for my tracks, but I could use some help with achieving better grooves. If you're that person, hit me up. It'd be nice to collaborate in these areas.

Tagged:

Comments

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Options

Interesting... Any link where we can hear some of your music?

• Aron Stokes
    edited November 2023
    Options

@D-One Yes, I released a single, mostly for a TV show in Canada for Down syndrome awareness. I can't post links yet here, so below I've shared an image of the record and my name on Spotify if you want to check it out. The record has a pop sound with a bit of a classic RnB touch. Aside from that song, the main records I've been working on will be RnB, and perhaps a bit more pop too. The particular sound I'm looking for is the sound of songs like Toni Braxton's "Long As I Live", "I Wish", and "Where Did We Go Wrong" with Babyface. I would just need to work with a producer who understands the genre of RnB, classic RnB, swingy grooves, and drums/percussion for those kinds of records. Especially someone who understands ballads, not the upbeat RnB tracks that sound more like hip-hop today.

• Aron Stokes
    Options

@D-One Yes, here is a single I put out, mostly for a TV show in Canada for Down syndrome awareness. <y record I've shared below is a pop sound with a bit of a classic RnB touch, but the main records I've been working on will be mostly RnB with an approach like the sound of the artists I mentioned above, particularly like the sound of Toni Braxton songs such as "Long As I Live", "I Wish", and "Where Did We Go Wrong" with Babyface.

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,943 Guru
    Options

Aron, in which way you mix/wrap up the tracks to be balanced?

Maybe I can help you make them more balanced and professional.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Options

Wow, sounds pretty darn good to me, good work! I love classic R&B aswell, all the references you mentioned but as far as making music are more specialized in the modern hip-hop'ish sound you're trying to avoid so I cant be of much help... Altho some of those references do have very hip-hop like drums.