Fontsize / size of digits Reaktor 6 ?

Options
FORMA FLUIDA
FORMA FLUIDA Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited November 2023 in Reaktor
  • Does anyone know - how is it possible to get these digits bigger? They are so small..

• Especially the frequency numbers.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Big Gnome
    Big Gnome Member Posts: 28 Helper
    Answer ✓
    Options

Well, you're pretty much stuck for the time being with the 7px bitmap font for those built-in panel elements, which is an atavism of Reaktor's late-90's/early 2000's heritage; but as a workaround you can use Text or Multitext elements, which do support a (very limited) set of outline fonts that can be resized and colored.

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,369 mod
    Options

1- Enter EDIT mode and go to the knob/value you want to change (a knob, in the example below).

2- From the sidebar menu, choose Properties and then View.

3- In View tab, check Size

4- If "Big" is already selected, then your option is the Image. You have to load a custom icon, or an icon from another ensemble.

For change size of values, it is the the same process more or less (depends on the selected module type), but you dealing with text options mostly, instead of images

• Big Gnome
    Big Gnome Member Posts: 28 Helper
    Answer ✓
    Options

Well, you're pretty much stuck for the time being with the 7px bitmap font for those built-in panel elements, which is an atavism of Reaktor's late-90's/early 2000's heritage; but as a workaround you can use Text or Multitext elements, which do support a (very limited) set of outline fonts that can be resized and colored.

• FORMA FLUIDA
    Options

Thanks a lot to you both! :)

@Sunborn I know this procedure. The values are the important things that I have to see bigger (much bigger..)

@Big Gnome Thats exactly the point! What can I do to use Text or Multitext elements? I don't see a text window or something else in the view window.

• Sunborn
    edited November 2023
    Options

First step:

Go on each element you need to change (such as a knob) and deactivate "Show Label" and "Show Value"

Second step:

Go in the Structure view and add this Macro on every element you want to see a value

Inside structure of the Macro is this:

The "key" here, is a Multi Text

Final step:

On this Multi Text, go to "View" and experiment with fonts and sizes

...and here is the Value Macro:

Note: This specific Multi Text inside that Macro, has 100 values. From 0 to 10 (scaled as 0.1, 0.2, 0.3 etc).

If you need different values you have to enter them, one by one from scratch, or you can import a predefined text document with the values you want (...believe it or not, once, i made a multi text for a Cutoff with... 5000 values -an exhausting experience- 😨)

Oh, you can even use letters instead of numbers, or full phrases if you wish! For example, a multi text with 5 Filter Type names, as you change the filter type, it also changes its name... etc. etc.

Good luck :-)

• colB
    colB Member Posts: 830 Guru
    Options

Another variation is to use a multi-text per digit an write code to convert a value into outputs for the individual digit displays:

This way you can tailor your numerics to specific purposes without having to go crazy producing different 1000+ entry multitexts. Requires some fettling though ;)

There was some related discussion on the old forum. Cant remember what examples I posted, but IIRC I built a scientific notation display in this manner. Was a fun project.

There is a Hexadecimal display for 'phase' in digit8 which probably works similarly. All the digit8 numeric displays are code based like this because they are rendered on a faux character grid screen. They use an 8x8 pixel font instead of multi-text. Fun times!

• Sunborn
    Options
  • FORMA FLUIDA
    Options

Wow. Thanks a lot @colB and @Sunborn for your input! Wish you merry x mas!