Maschine mk3 KOMPLETE KONTROL

Options
LouiseB
LouiseB Member Posts: 8 Newcomer

Please help!!!! I really don't know what the hell to do now

I've had my Maschine mk3 for a couple of yrs now and love it but was having bad cpu issues and using logic I've purchased a m1 studio

I did check out on natives compatibility list before buying and it looked ok well would be far more better that I had before it definitely wasn't a good idea to get the m2 studio

I didn't want to merge everything from my old compute just start fresh choose what I wanted to add

so when installing the software was routing the applications on Macintosh HD and the rest on my ssd but didn't seem to work properly

didnt have this issue when i got the maschine first of all so why now

Komplete Kontrol is working standalone but not through Maschine the artwork is showing but nothing else

Also tried the applications on there own which seemed to be ok

Apart from REAKTOR 6 Which I love but that's now only working in demo mode installed it again and again which took FOREVER!! still not working

I get in touch with support and it takes to long for a reply bk

not sure if i've done something wrong with the installation path so cleaned the computer all over again and done all the downloads again but still not working

I really need too know what I should do about all this vst2/vst3 situation what will I be able to use

can i or should I just go back to what I was using before or can i only now use vst3 ?

keeps coming up as error and can't load

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

@LouiseB

so is there ways around of me using those in my mk3 machine on the up-to-date software or do I downgrade

I don't see why you would need to downgrade anything, that would just make things worst.

will I be able to even load my old Projects? I don’t know how I’m going to finish them. I’ve still got my Intel computer I was going to pick and choose what I want to put on the New 1.

You should be, works fine for me. Do this:

On your old computer make sure to activate Preferences>Plugins "Always Use Latest Version of NI Plug-Ins"; now open a project, assuming you have your plugins up to date and the VST3 versions installed Maschine should use VST3 instead of VST2, now use the "Save Project with Samples" option to commit the changes, don't overwrite your project just in case, chose a different name and move the .mxprj + the sample sub-folder (if you have it) to the new computer and test it.

If it works do that for all projects you want to keep.

I haven’t installed anything since factory reset should I use it in Rosetta mode I’ll be able to use all the applications as I did before in my MK3

Everything is Apple Silicon compatible, so theres no reason to use Rosetta and sacrifice performance.

Answers

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 845 Guru
    edited November 2023
    Options

What version of Komplete Kontrol are you using? I was under the impression that the latest version does not support the Maschine?

Massive has a VST3 so I'm not really sure what your actual question is? NI seems to have made their stance pretty clear, VST2 is legacy and VST3 is the future.

• Jimmysarkis
    Jimmysarkis Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
    Options

Thanks mate appreciate it

• LouiseB
    Options

Hi thanks its 3.0.1

what would you do

not all plugins work with the vst2s

not sure what ones do

should just run it all in rosetta?

just want to know what the best route is for me to use the applications in maschine

• LouiseB
    Options

Not sure if i should take the m1 studio back for a refund and change it for another but what it the question ?

just delete kontakt 7 but its still not working

• LouiseB
    Options

massive isn't loading too

• D-One
    Options

Not sure what any of this has to do with Komplete Kontrol.

Maschine is Apple Silicon compatible, so ideally you shouldn't need to use Rosseta anymore however, plugin migration from VST2 to VST3 Is something I am not very familiar with.

When the migration fails according to your screenshot what happens? The plugin parameters are not recalled? It sounds different?

I think it might be easier to handle the transition from VST2 to VST3 on your older mac than move the projects to the new Mac.

• D-One
    Options

Not sure what good that would do, if you plan to stick with Macs Apple Silicon is the only way forward., buying an intel Mac in this era would be a terrible long-term purchase and you would just delay the unavoidable.

• LouiseB
    Options

thanks for your reply

sorry I meant Kontakt

I'm using mk3 hardware noting loading into the mk3 only the basic loops actually fm8 is working

the artwork is but not able to use

Massive /reaktor /super 8 /guitar rig/ battery

I read about downgrading machine software. Do you think that would work? I've uninstalled and cleaned my computer again so it's starting fresh going to do the downloads again but just not sure what to do now ??

• D-One
    edited November 2023
    Options

How did you "clean your computer" ? Did you reset the Mac to Factory settings? Like this ?

Looks like there's some mess over there and I am not sure what caused it so a real clean computer might be worth it, I'd start there and I'd also update to Ventura immediately even before installing NI stuff since it's the currently supported modern OS - No reason to stay in Monterey unless you have some SW/HW that is not supported by Ventura.

I did this recently on my M1 and everything just worked out fine, I am not sure about any migration issues but at least everything shows up fine in the browser and loads.

• LouiseB
    Options

yes

done it like that everything was clean ok I’ll go on Ventura

so is there ways around of me using those in my mk3 machine on the up-to-date software or do I downgrade

will I be able to even load my old Projects? I don’t know how I’m going to finish them. I’ve still got my Intel computer I was going to pick and choose what I want to put on the New 1.

i’ve read that people are using it all perfectly fine in Logic Pro x which I don’t mind as that’s what I use too

I haven’t installed anything since factory reset should I use it in Rosetta mode I’ll be able to use all the applications as I did before in my MK3

• D-One
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

@LouiseB

I don't see why you would need to downgrade anything, that would just make things worst.

You should be, works fine for me. Do this:

On your old computer make sure to activate Preferences>Plugins "Always Use Latest Version of NI Plug-Ins"; now open a project, assuming you have your plugins up to date and the VST3 versions installed Maschine should use VST3 instead of VST2, now use the "Save Project with Samples" option to commit the changes, don't overwrite your project just in case, chose a different name and move the .mxprj + the sample sub-folder (if you have it) to the new computer and test it.

If it works do that for all projects you want to keep.

Everything is Apple Silicon compatible, so theres no reason to use Rosetta and sacrifice performance.

• LouiseB
    Options

Thanks so much for your replies

I'm going try what you mentioned In the next few days and ill let you know 🙏