Volume fluctuation issues since updating to 3.10

Options
MattFd
MattFd Member Posts: 13 Member

Hi, it's my first post here so be gentle with me! :)

Is anyone else having issues with volume fluctuations in Traktor Pro 3? I've searched the site and saw that there was previously an issue with m4a files. All my files are MP3s so I don't think it's related to that one.

It's happened the last 2 times I've played out. It's fine for the first few hours but after about 3 hours or so, the volume keeps fluctuating.

This has only started happening since I updated the software to 3.10 a couple of weeks ago. Not sure if this is just a coincidence but would be interested to know if anyone else is having similar issues or if anyone has any tips on resolving it.

I've been through my audio settings and everything seems ok.

I use a Pioneer DDJ-T1 btw.

Would appreciate any help or advice! Many thanks!

Matt

Comments

• Quade
    Quade Member Posts: 231 Advisor
    Options

Myself as well experienced volume fluctuations Last Night during a gig I had. Can't tell what the issue is but never experienced such before.

• MattFd
    Options

Thanks for your response @Quade

Do you use Traktor Pro 3 and if so, have you recently updated to 3.10?

• Quade
    Options

Yes I have been using 3.10 since the Beta phase - At that time I have not noticed any audio fluctuations.

Since updating to the 3.10 RC - Last night I experienced audio fluctuations.

Really pointless to mention anything on the NI forums as they focus on the wrong tasks that users complain about.

All the best in resolving this.

• MattFd
    Options

Thanks! I've just submitted a ticket! I'll let you know if I get anywhere with it!

• MattFd
    Options

@Quade

Response from Native Instruments I just received.... that was pretty quick! :)

"Our teams just released a new patch for Traktor software 3.10.1 today. 

Please check Native Access for the latest update."

• Quade
    Options

Unless otherwise indicated, there is no patch available from my understanding.

I checked both the forum & Native Access.

I checked my version of Traktor Pro 3 on my work pc & it's on 3.10.1.6, I had downloaded the RC from the beta page, re-installed & running the same version as mentioned. I just checked my 2nd laptop now as I got home which I don't often use & it's running the same version as well.

I had re-installed Traktor from Native Access (which an update for native access appeared stating 3.7) which I have updated before re-installing Traktor Pro 3 from Native Access on my work computer.

Ran Traktor pro 3 again & it's the same version.

I am not sure if the hotfix has been leaked or not but I most definitely could not find it.

If there is a link available, I'd appreciate it.

The NI page itself is running 3.8 as their demo even.

Thanks for the update tho.

• Quade
    Options

The version I have on my 2nd laptop is the same version as the date of the RC release.

I have not updated my 2nd laptop since then so for me it's a bit hard for me to believe that a hotfix is available.

Unless NI team can confirm this, the most recent build is the 1 I mentioned & nothing new.

This Is a guaranteed fact.

Please confirm your build version for me.

Thanks

• MattFd
    Options

There was no link as such. I just went into Native Access and there was an update waiting for me.

It says it's Version 3.10.1 16

• MattFd
    Options

Screenshot of Release Notes from Native Access with today's date!

• MattFd
    Options

Although, it doesn't mention anything about volume fluctuation being resolved.

• Oxy
    Oxy Member Posts: 88 Helper
    Options

Update is here. Do you use autogain and it then fluctuates?

I turn the master in Traktor a little down to create some headroom and make the gain knobs a little less range going to an external mixer, have not noticed any fluctuations but I always do the gain manual.

• MattFd
    Options

I didn't even know there was an autogain! ;)

Yeah, I always do it manually and I always make sure I've got plenty of room so I don't go into the red!

• Quade
    Options

I have been using Auto Gain since early last year already & I have not had an issue once until recently.

Regards to the version build, it is the same build as the RC. There has been no change.

• MattFd
    Options

No worries! I was just going off the information they gave me!

Regardless of which version it is, as I said the release notes make no mention of fixing any issues with volume so I’m not convinced it will resolve my issue!

We’ll see on Saturday night when I next use it!

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,407 Expert
    Options

"Please test on latest version" is just a default comeback when reporting bugs. I don't think they them self think it's fixed with 3.10.1