Sonoma / macOS 14

Options
MST89
MST89 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

This is literally insane...

Last night I updated to apple's latest security update 12.7.1 and I was running Monterey. I was working on music today and my laptop (purchased in August 2023, M1 MacBook Pro) just turned off and I couldn't turn it back on again. There is nothing that could have done that except the apple security update since I keep all my sound libraries on an external ssd.

I brought it to the apple store and they said it was a software issue. They tried a "revive" which did nothing, and they had to totally reset it which forced an install of Sonoma.

Now nothing in native access is installing. I've tried everything. Am I correct that I won't be able to use anything native instruments related since Sonoma isn't compatible?

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,797 mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

Try installing Rosetta 2. I am on Sonoma and having zero problems with Native Access but I already had Rosetta installed, since yours was a reset it probably doesnt

• Calagan
    Calagan Member Posts: 160 Advisor
    edited December 2023
    Options

Exact same situation here. It happened to me last month and I went from Monterey to Sonoma.

The difference is everything NI is running on my computer. I have some issues (CPU peaks mostly), but it works.

Native Access should work on Sonoma. If you've got too much troubles, maybe install Native Access 1 (I'm still on NA1 : I'm a bit afraid to go the NA2 route, when I see all the troubles on this forum).

• Kymeia
    Options

Not sure about that. I started with NA 1 when I first got my MacStudio but soon ran into the fact that it wasn’t properly installing some Kontakt libraries, switching to NA2 fixed that. No NA1 isn’t always the better option, also don’t think it is able to install the most recent version of Reaktor

• Calagan
    Calagan Member Posts: 160 Advisor
    Options

mmm. Interesting.. I'll check that (even if so far I didn't install anything new).

Is the last Reaktor's version not the 6.5 version ? I've got this one installed and I can't find any newer version on the net...

• Kymeia
    Options

Yeah 6.5. .