Native Access Download Failed.

Options
Mathieu
Mathieu Member Posts: 13 Member
edited November 2023 in Native Access

v3.7.0

Hi, I downloaded a bunch of things today on Native Access but one expansion, "Deep Matter", continues to fail to download.

I tried deleting the ISO files and trying a different content location. No luck.

Need help getting this downloaded.

Tagged:

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,822 mod
    Options

Install support :

you can get in touch with N.I. support here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install they can help with Native Access or provide an installer.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,593 admin
    Options

Worth trying the troubleshooting steps in this article as well:

Native Access Error Message: Download Failed: "Unknown error"

• dwbertoni
    dwbertoni Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Same problem with Deep Matter. Contacted support.

• TheHobbit
    TheHobbit Member Posts: 4 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

Ive posted same issue with 2 out of 304 products and logged a fault - somethings not right with NI Access or the original source files - but seems people are having the same issue with different products.

Ive subbed a ticket as Im having an issue with only 2 downloads "Stradivari Cello" and "Symphony Series Percussion".

Ive had NI products, libraries etc for over 10 years and in turn the latest update from version 11 to 14 worked well aside from these two.

OS Windows based.

Initially I had 2 ISOs and an additional file, however this unrared unsuccessfully and resulted in approx 6GB data in one library and 9gb in the other.

Ive checked the OS, the data drive where the download installers are saved and the Y destination drive where the all the NI libraries are held. There is more than enough space on both.

I tried relocating, deleting the destination Y drive folder and as failng, deleted the 2 x 24GB ISOs for each library. I can no longer download these two successfully so Im totally stumped.

I can't see how the LAN would impact it as the PC goes from ethernet direct to the router and no other software or NI downloads, have the issue.

Is there anywhere I can download the files independently to NI access, as a note ive even tried totally uninstalling NI Access, reg cleaning, rebooting and in turn reinstalling NI Access - again same result.

Insights and help appreaciated.

Thanks

Ill keep checking any trooubleshooting I come across

Reset everythign following the links from Admin, tool and across the forum.

Best I could do was get back to the original error when it all first occurred. So the ISO download reports 24GB, ISO mounts, shows full 2GB files in there and of course fails during installation unpack:

Press ok and pass a load of pop up errors reports fully installed, only 6GB data content so at least got something!

Checking the unrared data and both are exactly the same amount of data as the original download when the error was 1st encountered.

• TheHobbit
    TheHobbit Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Still not downloading, unzipping or installing correctly.

• JKX
    JKX Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Same here. I guess Tina Guo hacked NI servers :D

• DaveKeys
    DaveKeys Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

I'm having the exact same problem with the exact same instruments: Stradivari Cello and Symphony Series Percussion. The only difference is, I'm on a Mac.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

• Cimbassoman
    Cimbassoman Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I am having the same problem with Stradivari Cello on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. The download will get to around 10 gb, and then a red exclamation mark comes up saying "Download failed". Not a very helpful error message. I have tried all the suggestions that I have found online, but not one of them has solved this problem for me. I have a lot of Kontakt 7 files, and this is the only one that has been a problem.

Is there another way to download the ISO file so that I can install it on my PC?

• DaveKeys
    Options

Well, 2 things have happened since I posted.

1) The Cello seems to have decided to behave itself, and do a complete full download and install itself perfectly, for no apparent reason.

2) Native got back to me and sent me lso files, but they sent the Essential Percussion not the full Symphony Series Percussion, so I'm waiting for them to get back to me with the correct files.

• tomrbland
    tomrbland Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

So I had exactly the same problem. In the end I was trying anything I could think of. It turned out that connecting to a VPN allowed Symphony Series Percussion to download. I have no idea why it worked, Native have offered no ideas either. But everything else was downloading it was just that one library.

TL;DR try a VPN

• DaveKeys
    edited December 2023
    Options

I'm giving your suggestion a go as I type. Out of interest, what country was your VPN connection to? I might try and match whichever one worked for you Tom.

Edit: Well so far, using Netherlands, it has broken through the 7.83gb barrier where it usually comes up as 'Download failed'. So that's progress!

• tomrbland
    tomrbland Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options
  • DaveKeys
    Options

Tom, thank you. You have succeeded where Native Instruments have failed. Using VPN as you suggested has solved the problem, my Symphony Series Percussion has fully downloaded, and is currently installing.

For the record I am also UK based, so is this problem confined just to UK IP addresses perhaps?

It would be useful if everyone who has had this problem could tell us where they are based? Or perhaps it's an ISP issue. Mine is Vodafone Full Fibre.

• 88 West Music
    88 West Music Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Hi All,

Thanks for the above comments regarding the Stradivari Cello and Symphony Series Percussion, We've been having the same problem, but thanks to your VPN recommendations we have the below resolved via The Netherlands connection see below;

Failed to Install, used VPN relocation (not the most cost effective method), retried the install and success.

We can only think, as per the above comments, that this might be a UK Issue? Anyway thought it might help anyone above still in the situation and anyone stumbling across this.

Kind regards,

88 West Music Team

• jman0170
    jman0170 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Thank you!!! Again, another random-ace solution to a bug that shouldn't exist. Was so excited to install KU13 CE today and it's been so many issues. I also had the Previews issue (stuck installing for eternity) but found another article that worked. Can't believe a VPN was the answer here. Well done! For reference, I am in the US so I don't believe it is a UK/EUR only issue. NI Support, please note this and look into it further.