Fix for Kontrol Mk3 firmware update on Windows
I see many Windows users experiencing problems with firmware update on new Mk3 Kontrol keyboards.
One of these issues can be resolved by assigning driver to a device manually, when it switches to firmware update mode.
Here's step-by-step guidance:
1) Make sure you followed initial steps in https://ni.de/kontrol-setup and installed new Native Access and Hardware Connection Service
2) Check that Hardware Connection Service is running (using Win+R -> services.msc or you favourite command line tool)
3) Open Device Manager console using Win+R -> devmgmt.msc and look for Kontrol SXX DFU entry in Universal Service Bus devices item
If you see this picture, then you are good to continue. Otherwise, install the latest updates for your OS (in my case it's Win 11 22H2 22621.2428).
3) Download and start KSMK3Updater (follow https://ni.de/kontrol-update)
4) If it found your keyboard, click UPDATE and if you get stuck on this, then I have a solution for you
5) Open Device Manager console using Win+R -> devmgmt.msc and look for Kontrol SXX DFU once again, I bet you'll see unknown device in Other Devices category (took screenshot from FlipBit's post):
6) Now let's apply correct driver to this device manually. Right-click on the device and select Update Driver , in dialog popup select Browse my computer for drivers
7) In the next dialog, select Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
8) Find Native Instruments driver for Kontrol S49/61/88 MK3 DFU and install it for this device.
9) Restart KSMK3Updater and update your firmware. It should work now.
I hope this will work for you, enjoy your keyboard!
- All Categories
- 21 Welcome
- 851 Hangout
- 78 NI News
- 411 Tech Talks
- 1.9K Native Access
- 8.6K Komplete
- 1.1K Komplete General
- 2.2K Komplete Kontrol
- 3.1K Kontakt
- 727 Reaktor
- 252 Battery 4
- 493 Guitar Rig & FX
- 287 Massive X & Synths
- 512 Other Software & Hardware
- 3.4K Maschine
- 23 Sampling Room
- 4.2K Traktor
- 3.9K Traktor Software & Hardware
- Check out everything you can do
- Create an account
- See member benefits
- Answer questions
- Ask the community
- See product news
- Connect with creators