Can the Maschine encoders be disabled?

Lotuz
Lotuz Member Posts: 5 Member
edited March 2022 in Maschine

My old mk1 controller has several faulty encoders that cause parameter values to fluctuate (known issue). I don't want to spend money on replacing the encoders. The pads, buttons and screens work fine though, so this controller could still be useful without the encoders, if only you could disable the encoders. Operating the Maschine software with the controller in MIDI mode isn't preferable, unless someone has come up with a template that makes MIDI mode come very close to native mode. Any ideas? If you open up the controller, can the encoders be disconnected perhaps?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,879 mod
    Answer ✓

MIDI mode will never get even close to dedicated mode, there's no such template since dedicated functions are not MIDI mappable.

Considering MK1's go for as low as 60$ on ebay replacing the encoders is probably not worth the $ and effort, I think the pots are about 6$ each give or take.

Disconnect? No, they are soldered in; if you have a soldering iron you can remove them, that probably works to disable them but not 100% sure. Note that the lead-free solder requires quite a bit of heat so if you don't know what you're doing obviously you risk breaking something...

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,879 mod
    Answer ✓

MIDI mode will never get even close to dedicated mode, there's no such template since dedicated functions are not MIDI mappable.

Considering MK1's go for as low as 60$ on ebay replacing the encoders is probably not worth the $ and effort, I think the pots are about 6$ each give or take.

Disconnect? No, they are soldered in; if you have a soldering iron you can remove them, that probably works to disable them but not 100% sure. Note that the lead-free solder requires quite a bit of heat so if you don't know what you're doing obviously you risk breaking something...

• Lotuz
    Lotuz Member Posts: 5 Member

Thanks D-One.