My Komplete Kontrol VST2 is gone after last update?!?! Only VST3??

Options
itMikePetro
itMikePetro Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hey guys, Did i do something wrong or did they change the Komplete Kontrol vst to VST3 only?? I've ALWAYS had both and primarily used the VST2. I updated komplete kontrol and a couple other things in the Native Access APP. Now when i try to open any projects (ableton) that was using that kkVST2 they crash?!?! Any help?

Best Answer

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,594 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi, a hotfix to address the VST2 issue is now available on Native Access.

As mentioned in the release notes, VST2 will be phased out in the coming months so it's recommended to switch to VST3.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,295 Expert
    edited October 2023
    Options

I start to see different reports about this.

On the site page, the specs still list VST, but I must say that the same page still shows KK 2 and also the link to the video says “introducing KOMPLETE KONTROL 2.1

I suspect the new KK 3 is VST3 only

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 361 Pro
    edited October 2023
    Options

Yes, KK v3 is VST3 only.

As far as I read, most if not all of NI's plugins will be VST3 only in the future.

• itMikePetro
    itMikePetro Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Thank you guys! I Appreciate the help!

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,295 Expert
    Options

You’re welcome

• Kaiwan_NI
    Options

Hi! Komplete Kontrol 3 is available in both VST2 and VST3, but due to a known issue in the latest update, KK happened to remove VST2 components.

There'll be a hot fix very soon. After this, you should be able to see the plug-in again in VST2. Note that it's recommended to use the VST3 component, since the VST2 component might not be available forever...

• Kaiwan_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi, a hotfix to address the VST2 issue is now available on Native Access.

As mentioned in the release notes, VST2 will be phased out in the coming months so it's recommended to switch to VST3.