Do I need to update my KOMPLETE 12 ULTIMATE to KOMPLETE 14 ULTIMATE for new KONTROL S49 MK3?

Options
innovata
innovata Member Posts: 1 Member
edited October 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

I currently have a KOMPLETE KONTROL S88 HW Keyboard & KOMPLETE 12 ULTIMATE and plan to purchase a KONTROL S49 MK3 from one of your dealers in the US.

Do I need to update KOMPLETE 12 ULTIMATE to KOMPLETE 14 ULTIMATE for the new purchase of the KONTROL S49 MK3? Or is KOMPLETE 12 ULTIMATE compatible with the new KONTROL S49 MK3?

Also I'm assuming I will be able to use all my libraries already purchased in my account from Native instruments and third party vendor on both keyboards. Is that correct?

Best Answer

• Tim_NI
    Tim_NI Product Team Posts: 42 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

You do not need to update to Komplete 14 to use Kontrol Mk3. All of the Instruments that you own will work - just make sure that you have installed everything in the Updates tab in Native Access 2.

You will need to use the latest version of the free Kontakt 7 Player (or the paid upgrade to Kontakt 7 full) to connect your Kontrol Mk3 directly to Kontakt.

You will be able to use all of your libraries in your account from Native instruments and third-party vendors on both keyboards.

Enjoy!

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,977 mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

Sxx MK1 has been announced EOL here : https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/17363/komplete-kontrol-s-series-mk1-keyboards-end-of-life/p1

meaning that for MK1 series then you would have to stay on Komplete Kontrol 2.9.4 (see page referred to above) , where as you would have to update to use Sxx MK2 and the two versions of KK can not co-exist on same computer so you would have to use dual boot pr two computers (and never update the software for the MK1 setup) !

Else , you might need newer version of Komplete components (like in Komplete 14) to utilize some newer features ?? of Komplete Kontrol 3+ for MK3 else I my guess is that Komplete 12 will work just fine , but I am not all sure since I do not have either K12 or MK1..

If you have further doubts then ask support since they are the only one with the finer and greater insight anyway : https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us

Also the usual N.I. forum service person is off until November 6th..

• Tim_NI
    Tim_NI Product Team Posts: 42 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

You do not need to update to Komplete 14 to use Kontrol Mk3. All of the Instruments that you own will work - just make sure that you have installed everything in the Updates tab in Native Access 2.

You will need to use the latest version of the free Kontakt 7 Player (or the paid upgrade to Kontakt 7 full) to connect your Kontrol Mk3 directly to Kontakt.

You will be able to use all of your libraries in your account from Native instruments and third-party vendors on both keyboards.

Enjoy!