Maschine 2.0 Crashing When Tracking Beat

Options
chipcren_22
chipcren_22 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

My Maschine 2.0 software keeps crashing whenever I'm quickly tracking a beat.. btw I may be using the wrong terminology. Basically, whenever I try to quickly add different patterns from different groups when making a beat on the main screen, the software crashes. It may be worth mentioning that I basically have 0 hard drive space (flash storage) on my laptop, but I work off an external hard drive so I'm not sure if that's the root of the issue. Can someone please help? This has been happening for months and it's ruining my workflow!

Thank you!

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Zero drive space is a recipe for many issues, software needs space in the HD to put things temporarily, caching things, saving options, logs, etc... At a very minimum have 5GB available, but I would recommend more, maybe 10GB. Also note that if you go above your RAM size the OS starts using the HD, so... more problems. Get that sorted first then report back as it could be the cause.

I suggest you get software that scans your drive for folders taking a lot of space and carefully remove them if you're sure it's safe to do so, plz don't go deleting your anything in your system folders!!

I use Omni Disk Sweeper in MacoS and WinDirStat on Windows.

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Zero drive space is a recipe for many issues, software needs space in the HD to put things temporarily, caching things, saving options, logs, etc... At a very minimum have 5GB available, but I would recommend more, maybe 10GB. Also note that if you go above your RAM size the OS starts using the HD, so... more problems. Get that sorted first then report back as it could be the cause.

I suggest you get software that scans your drive for folders taking a lot of space and carefully remove them if you're sure it's safe to do so, plz don't go deleting your anything in your system folders!!

I use Omni Disk Sweeper in MacoS and WinDirStat on Windows.