Quick save of loops into Remix Slot

Options

Hey All, I just up graded to a S4-MK3 from a MK2 Totally F'n love it "but" On my mk2 I could quick save a loop playing in a track deck into an empty remix slot then trigger it by hitting the same remix button (up to 4) They could be erased with the shift + I can't seem to figure out how to do this on the mark 3. It's something I do on the fly and am loath to preset and up load as that limits the spontaneity

I could use my F1 but its cumbersome in a live mix and the new remix decks are tedious to say the least

Fingers crossed that it's still doable. Any suggestions?

Thanks den•I•zen

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,760 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Out of the box it doesn't work. You will need to add the 'capture' modifier to your mapping, so that the 'trigger' assignment will instead capture a sample.

Go to your S4MK3 mapping in controller manager. Add the command via 'Add In... ➔ Remix Deck ➔ Direct Mapping ➔ Cell Capture Modifier'. Assign a button to it, for example the 'Sample/Remix' button.

Assignment: Remix Deck 1, Control: Button, Interaction Mode: Hold, Override: No [unchecked].

Do it for Remix Deck 2-4 as well, using the same button.

Result: If you hold the button down when pressing the cell trigger button (performance button), it should instead capture a sample into the cell.

Make sure your remix deck capture source is set to the deck you want your sample to come from. The remix deck needs to show the full header where the capture source is indicated. Click on it to change it.

Note: I haven't tested this on my own S4 (it's in storage), so please tell if it works or not. If it doesn't, we may need to adjust the S4's qml file to give you this capability.

• Sûlherokhh
    Answer ✓
    Options

Enjoy. :)

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Answer ✓
    Options

Out of the box it doesn't work. You will need to add the 'capture' modifier to your mapping, so that the 'trigger' assignment will instead capture a sample.

Go to your S4MK3 mapping in controller manager. Add the command via 'Add In... ➔ Remix Deck ➔ Direct Mapping ➔ Cell Capture Modifier'. Assign a button to it, for example the 'Sample/Remix' button.

Assignment: Remix Deck 1, Control: Button, Interaction Mode: Hold, Override: No [unchecked].

Do it for Remix Deck 2-4 as well, using the same button.

Result: If you hold the button down when pressing the cell trigger button (performance button), it should instead capture a sample into the cell.

Make sure your remix deck capture source is set to the deck you want your sample to come from. The remix deck needs to show the full header where the capture source is indicated. Click on it to change it.

Note: I haven't tested this on my own S4 (it's in storage), so please tell if it works or not. If it doesn't, we may need to adjust the S4's qml file to give you this capability.

• denIzen
    denIzen Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

I'll give it a shot and let you know what the results are .

Greatly appreciated,

Greg

PS. It's possible you won't hear from me till after the 23rd. Black Rock Desert bound for an event

• Sûlherokhh
    Answer ✓
    Options

Enjoy. :)