Maschine Plus Note Repeat and Arpeggiator info

Options
mraak47
mraak47 Member Posts: 35 Member
edited October 2023 in Maschine

Hi, if pressing Note Repeat on Maschine Plus (in standalone mode), I wonder does it work polyphonically so that if I press more than one note/pad at the same time (if I play chords on pads), it repeats all the notes of the chord pressed or just first note? Also, does Note Repeat only work for drum instruments or melodic ones as well? And, if I connect MIDI controller keyboard to Maschine Plus (via standard 5 pin MIDI or USB A MIDI port) to play melodic instruments, does the Note Repeat and Arpeggiator on Maschine Plus in standalone mode also work if I play the keys on the MIDI keyboard controller?

Tagged:

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,308 Expert
    edited October 2023
    Options

Yes to all. Plus “melodic ones as well”

I’ll add the info that you can also have the notes in “order played”, meaning they will arp following the order in which you press them.

Briefly: if you know how it works in the software, you can expect the same

• mraak47
    mraak47 Member Posts: 35 Member
    Options

Thanks LostInFoundation, that's great! Have few more questions for the Maschine Plus in standalone mode. Is note repeat/arpeggiator possible to be programmed to follow song tempo and time signature in like various time signatures such as 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64 and triplets? Also, when Note Repeat is used, can note length of repeated notes be adjusted as well so that for example, the repeated notes play legato (connect together smoothly, without silence between the notes)? And is there maybe even some king of humanize setting so that repeated notes don't sound so robotic? And, is it possible to program your own arpeggiator pattern like for example recording a sequence of whatever notes I play and then use that as an arpeggiator pattern? Thanks!

• LostInFoundation
    Options

Note repeat always follow the song settings.

Time signatures are selectable (they even have fast access with top buttons, so you can jump fast between one or the other)

Once engaged, it gives you various parameter to dial in, like type, on how many octaves it plays, gate, dynamic, retrigger,offset, inversion,…

One option is Sequence, which will give you 8 choices of “rhythms” to chose from. But it’s not possible to program your own.

Here 2 pictures of what you will see in Arp mode:

Last suggestion: if you want to buy a M+, think well about it. Take good informations on the internet on what it can or cannot do and make an informed choice…

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,358 Expert
    Options

Are you sure? IME the Arp/Note Repeat is not applied to incoming MIDI notes (tested with Seaboard Blocks).

• LostInFoundation
    edited October 2023
    Options

Now you make me doubt…maybe I’m confusing when I use KK keyboard with other models. Even because it would be more “in the lines” of Maschine, which isn’t really friendly with midi plugins

I will check this and report back

• LostInFoundation
    edited October 2023
    Options

Unluckily confirmed: Arp works only when using Maschine+ pads, not with external keyboards.

So…correct answer is: Yes to all, except for arp working inputting notes with external midi controllers.

Thank you Ozon for correcting the not accurate answer 👍🏼

• ozon
    Options

@mraak47 asked

Is note repeat/arpeggiator possible to be programmed to follow song tempo and time signature

It is not possible to program/automate tempo or time signature changes in Maschine, therefore it’s unnecessary for the Arpeggiator. However, the Arpeggiator folloes the tempo if changed manually.

Also, when Note Repeat is used, can note length of repeated notes be adjusted as well so that for example, the repeated notes play legato (connect together smoothly, without silence between the notes)?

Yes.

And is there maybe even some king of humanize setting so that repeated notes don't sound so robotic?

No.

And, is it possible to program your own arpeggiator pattern like for example recording a sequence of whatever notes I play and then use that as an arpeggiator pattern?

No.

However, you can program variations of patterns and switch between them fluently. But its a different kind of performance.

• ozon
    edited October 2023
    Options

@LostInFoundation

Thank you Ozon for correcting the not accurate answer 👍🏼

Well, I really thought I had missed something and hooked up the Seaboard to my M+ to check, which lead to some jamming, and subsequently a couple of new patterns. So, thank you for poking my curiosity! 😊

• LostInFoundation
    Options

Clearly that was my intention 😏.

While we are here: humanize is there. You’re right to say that is not tied to the arpeggiator, but to not confuse mraak, I find correct to say that it can be applied, even if after the fact