How to select the MIDI channel transmitted from the A61

Options
George Wood
George Wood Member Posts: 10 Member

Hi guys,

I was given an A61 which I intend to use in a live situation; by default it's set to transmit on MIDI channel 1 but I need to change this to channel 2.

I'm trying to do this using the keyboard interface, but I can't seem to find the relevant section in the manual. I did try the software editor initially, but it didn't seem to correspond to the A61.

I would be extremely grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Kind regards,

George

Tagged:

Best Answer

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,813 mod
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

If wanting to use the A61 as stand alone midi controller then apparently that is not supported ! (see discussion here)

For information on midi setup in Komplete Kontrol then try looking in the manual at page 62.. page 53 and onward , page 68 and others

Answers

• DodMod
    DodMod Member Posts: 61 Helper
    Options

Any changes to the midi channel should be carried out using the Komplete Kontrol app.

On opening the app, click the controller tab on the top left to ensure that your keyboard is shown as the relevant controller.

Next click the midi symbol on the top right, this should open up a section which allows assignment of knobs, buttons etc. At the bottom of this section the midi channel can be changed by using the up / down arrows or clicking the value which should open up to allow any of the 16 channels to be selected..

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,813 mod
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

If wanting to use the A61 as stand alone midi controller then apparently that is not supported ! (see discussion here)

For information on midi setup in Komplete Kontrol then try looking in the manual at page 62.. page 53 and onward , page 68 and others