MacOS 14 Sonoma issues with Native Access

Options
tombuur
tombuur Member Posts: 16 Member
edited February 9 in Native Access

I found this:

Currently, Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported on macOS 14 Sonoma. We cannot recommend to update to macOS 14 at this point.

Well, I just spent 6-8 hours trying to install some Komplete libraries. I searched the web several times with Sonoma + Native Instruments, but initially found nothing.

If NI had mailed us all with this statement, I would not have wasted time on a hopeless task.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

There are more and more reports regarding issues with Sonoma and Native Access. Most of the reports mention products being queued indefinitely.

First of all, please note that Sonoma is not yet supported, as stated in this article: macOS 14 Sonoma Compatibility Statement

However, it seems the issue is most of the time with installing or downloading. Our support can provide installers, so please get in touch with our support and please mention you would need installers and for which products: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install

The Native Access is actively working on MacOS compatibility as we speak.

Answers

• Jojo123
    Jojo123 Member Posts: 247 Advisor
    Options

Id say most if not all Audio software sites would have a compatibility statement somewhere on their sites. It would be prudent in future to check that out so you don't make a rod for your own back (waste time).

• Gugo
    Gugo Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

It's been since the release day that I'm tracking the situation and it was clear that NI wasn't (and right now still) not ready for the update. It's the first result you get from google, so it's not easy to miss.

Anyway, I understand the frustration and I had the same problem with a different audio brand few years ago, so I learned the lesson, but the point is: where is the imminent urgency to update the OS? Ok yes, it's cool, it brings new features but, come on, we were working perfectly even with the previous version.

On the other hands, I don't understand why software companies take so long for adapting all the softwares to the new OS. There are beta versions and dev kits months before the official release, just for this reason.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@tombuur Even though our products are not yet officially supported on Sonoma, AFAIK there were no drastic changes and some users have reported everything was working, so your issue might not be related to that. Maybe if you give more details we can help.

• tombuur
    Options

I have now reformatted my external drives to APFS. I have managed to move the NI libraries around, and they can be used. However, Native Access does not allow me to install new libraries or update already installed, they just get queued.

I have a feeling that if I could only manually download the new libraries, I could also get them to work. But unlike most other vendors, NI doesn't have other options than using their download app.

• tombuur
    Options

To Jeremy

I have reinstalled Native Access a couple of times

I have given all NI apps full disk access

The disk with NI samples is formatted for APFS

The currently installed samples work with e.g. Kontakt

I have even uninstalled my AVG antitracker software etc. without any effect. But I am not sure if the Mac as such could be blocking something.

If I try to update Alicias Keys, it just gets queued and hangs there, if I press the x it will ask if I want to stop download. But no download is going on. Alicias Keys files looks alright with nicnt file and all in there.

I can only get rid of the "queued" if I close Native Access and restart the Mac.

If I try to install something new, e.g. Cloud Supply, it also gets queued. If I press ... and then locate, it points to my NI folder with the individual libraries as subfolders. There is no Cloud Supply folder there and, of course, no nicnt file. I assume that Native Access should supply the folder information etc. for at first time install?

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

Please try the following:

1. Open your Mac's System Preferences and click Security & Privacy.
    2. Under the Privacy tab, choose Full Disk Access from the side bar.
    3. Click the lock icon in the bottom left of the window and enter your Mac password.
    4. Ensure that Native Access & NTKDaemon appear in the list and are activated.
    5. If they do not appear in this list, click the + icon and add the following apps:
    6. - Macintosh HD > Applications > Native Access
    7. - Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > NTK > NTKDaemon
    8. If you are trying to install KOMPLETE KONTROL or MASCHINE, please also add NIHardwareAgent from:
    9. - Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Hardware > NIHArdwareAgent
    10. Once completed, click the lock icon again.

Restart your computer and start Native Access.

• tombuur
    Options

As I mentioned above, I had already given full access to all NI apps. I now added the hardware too even though I am only trying to update or install sound libraries. But I am still stuck.

• tombuur
    Options

For the record, I have now tried downloading libraries with my old Windows laptop and then transferring the files to Macbook. It works. After transfer I open Native Access. It doesn't recognize the library as installed, but if I press ... and the use locate to direct it to the folder, it will then accept the library as installed. And it works when played with Kontakt.

I still hope NI will soon come up with an updated Native Access that works with MacOS 14. I have preordered a Kontrol S61 MK3 supposed to arrive next week or so. But will it work with MacOS14?

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@tombuur I've sent you links for installers in case you need them. Your system is probably faster but this way you can also install non Kontakt products as well. If we did not find a solution when you get your keyboard we'll send you the installers that way too.

• Andy Lemaire
    Andy Lemaire Member Posts: 43 Member
    Options

Is this also a problem for Traktor Pro 3?

I already had macOS Sonoma 14.0 installed when ordering, just hope I won't have to downgrade.

• tombuur
    Options

Thanks for the links to downloads. Just tried it. The libraries come as .iso so there is some work unpacking and installing. It is probably faster using my Windows laptop to batch download all I need and then move it to the Mac.