S4 Mk2 Mixer FX Mapping

Options
AlluringSkull
AlluringSkull Member Posts: 29 Member
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

I am attempting to remap my S4 filter knobs to control the new mixer FX. I have remapped these loop control buttons on my s4 to select four different effects. The preview button toggles the FX on and off for all four decks.

The issue im running into is that the default mapping automatically turns on the filter when you turn it. So when I press the preview button to turn the FX off, It toggles all the fx on/off and gets them all out of synch. Even thought I have over rid the factory mapping of the filter knob the auto on when turned is not over written. Does anyone know of a way I can get rid of this auto filter on default mapping?

Comments

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,760 mod
    Options

As soon as the S4 default mapping is loaded (overridden or not), Traktor automatically toggles the Filter/MixerFX on when the software knob is not in the middle position. The only way to get around it (somewhat) is to not only switch off the channel filter, but also to set them to the value 0.5 (middle).

I realize this is not exactly what you are trying to achieve, but S4Mk1/2 have this mechanism hardcoded into the software when hooked up.

• AlluringSkull
    Options

That sucks. The reason I dont want to use the reset is so I can get the FX tail when the effect is turned off. When reset it resets the FX tail as well.

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

You can set the command to set value to 0.5 in 'reverse', meaning it will reset to value 0.5 not when you press the button, but when you release it. You can still have the tail if you hold the button 1 second or 2 (the tail is pretty short).

• AlluringSkull
    Options

I did consider that but I usually will be tweaking an FX with one hand and the filter with the other during a build. By mapping it as a hold I will dedicate both hands to the filter which I was trying to avoid.

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

Yeah. Bummer. One of the reasons i prefer the MK3, although i usually have a completely different setup the last few years. As long as the S4MK2 is connected, the link between Filter Value and On/Off status is fixed.