Is it possible to upgrade from Komplete 11 S to Komplete 13 U CE ?

Focus
Focus Member Posts: 6 Member
edited March 2022 in Komplete General

Hi everyone!

I am new to NI's software and hardware, and recently convinced myself to acquire what I consider to be the appropriate tools to properly develop my work. But since it represents a huge investment for me, I would like to be sure about what I buy and how I could eventually save some money.

I am about to buy :

• the Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2 keyboard,
  • and the Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's Edition.

I saw that the keyboard was delivered with Komplete 11 Select, and so I would like to know if:

• an upgrade from Komplete 11 S to Komplete 13 U CE exists,
  • if it is worth/possible to upgrade from Komplete 11 S immediately after receiving the keyboard + Komplete 11 S,
  • if a Komplete 13 U CE + Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2 bundle exists,
  • if the external drive delivered with the physical edition of Komplete 13 U CE, after downloading the products in Native Access, is usable in FL Studio as long as the drive is plugged (means that it would not be necessary to download the whole 1TB of files),
  • if the keyboard is fully compatible with FL Stuido.

If all of the things listed above are not considerable/possible, is buying each product individually the best option?

My explanations may not be very clear, please ask me to clarify if there's anything that you are not understanding.

Help is much appreciated, thank you very much!

Best Answer

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    Answer ✓

As far as I remember, it is not possible to upgrade from Komplete Select to K13U CE. There used to be a usefull table showing all upgrade paths for Komplete on NI pages, but so far it is gone. Mabe just till March 22, when ends Komplete+IZotope Sale and after that it will come back...

But yo may upgrade do Komplete 13 or Komplete 13 Ultimate first and then to K13u CE. Usually uppgrading in more steps is not more expensive than if done in one step. There is I think just one exception, when gradual upgrading costs more. I do not remember, which path it is....

If you start Komplete Start will do for few months. And in June, there usually is Summer Sale. 50% discounts used to be on Komplete upgrades. No, guarantie, it will be so much, but 20-30% is pretty sure.

Another aspect is, that it might hapen that in September/October Komplete 14 will come.

It is up to you, but I would buy S88 now and used KSelect for few months and upgraded to K13 or K13U in June 2022 (in Summer Sale) and to K14U CE in June 2023 (Summer Sale). You may save hundreds of USD/EUR.

There are bundles K88 and some versions of Komplete. Do not know if K13U CE. But I am not sure if it is cheaper than buying K88 and given Komplete separately. And again, it would be way cheaper in Summer Sale.

The instalation HD is usable with any DAW, but it just means you do not have to download everything. You have to install it on internal or external disc in the both cases,

Answers

• Kubrak
    Answer ✓

As far as I remember, it is not possible to upgrade from Komplete Select to K13U CE. There used to be a usefull table showing all upgrade paths for Komplete on NI pages, but so far it is gone. Mabe just till March 22, when ends Komplete+IZotope Sale and after that it will come back...

But yo may upgrade do Komplete 13 or Komplete 13 Ultimate first and then to K13u CE. Usually uppgrading in more steps is not more expensive than if done in one step. There is I think just one exception, when gradual upgrading costs more. I do not remember, which path it is....

If you start Komplete Start will do for few months. And in June, there usually is Summer Sale. 50% discounts used to be on Komplete upgrades. No, guarantie, it will be so much, but 20-30% is pretty sure.

Another aspect is, that it might hapen that in September/October Komplete 14 will come.

It is up to you, but I would buy S88 now and used KSelect for few months and upgraded to K13 or K13U in June 2022 (in Summer Sale) and to K14U CE in June 2023 (Summer Sale). You may save hundreds of USD/EUR.

There are bundles K88 and some versions of Komplete. Do not know if K13U CE. But I am not sure if it is cheaper than buying K88 and given Komplete separately. And again, it would be way cheaper in Summer Sale.

The instalation HD is usable with any DAW, but it just means you do not have to download everything. You have to install it on internal or external disc in the both cases,

• Focus
    Focus Member Posts: 6 Member

Thank you very much! I didn't know it could be cheaper to buy upgrades instead of acquiring the full product. I will check again if everything could work, but this definitely seems to be a better way to proceed. Thank you again :)

• Kubrak

You would buy upgrade in any case, but if you buy it during Summer or Christmas Sale it is way cheaper. Up to 50%.