Recreating F1 stem deck VU meter dimming

Options
AlluringSkull
AlluringSkull Member Posts: 29 Member
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

I am attempting to recreate the F1 stem deck mapping with some modifications as a generic midi device. I am doing this because with the default F1 mapping I am unable to over ride or layer a midi out command for the top row of pads which I am adding controls to. I get this error with the default mapping:

I pretty much have everything created but one MAJOR part. The default F1 mapping will dim the slots VU leds when the fader is pulled down, giving a good visual to show your faders down but the slot still has sound playing on it. Here is a photo of what im describing:

The red slots fader is up and is much brighter than the blue slot because the blue slots fader is down. This is what I am trying to recreate. I am able to remap the VU meters but do not know of a way to recreate the dimming feature. If anyone has any ideas or knows a way to do this PLEASE help me out. It is the final piece I need to finish my live rig.

Comments

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,780 mod
    Options

You can't dim them (exactly) like this because you can't use the fader position of traktor as a variable maximum output for the meter output commands. I know i tried.

• AlluringSkull
    Options

Damn im starting to come to that conclusion. NI gets so close to making there gear perfect then fail to do one small thing that ends up screwing me.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,780 mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

You can just use the original f1 mapping and add additional command overrides for your custom functions, leaving the pads as they are. Possibly there is no need to use the user mapping or midi mapping. Although i don't know what you want to achieve exactly.

• AlluringSkull
    Options

The issue is that I want to add a midi out to the pads to show when I have the mute turned on the channel but you the original mapping will not let you midi map an out to the pads. Thats what the first photo of the error is showing.