installing on a new pc

paul ray
paul ray Member Posts: 9 Newcomer
edited 1:48PM in Native Access

hey there,

installing NI via Komplete Kontrol, Izotope Suite and Ableton on a new system. which order would be best ?

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,829 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

install order should not really matter. i would start with NI stuff, open all stand alone apps one after another, like kontakt, maschine, then komplete kontrol - so those programs can build up the databases. After that Izotope, in the same vst folder you create beforehand, same as on your old computer ideally. Then Ableton set the vst folder to scan if neccessary, but normally with only vst3 no problem. BUT if you want no stress opening projects use the same install location for the libraries as on the old computer!!!! Otherwise you have to scan once after opening the projects on the new computer.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,829 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

install order should not really matter. i would start with NI stuff, open all stand alone apps one after another, like kontakt, maschine, then komplete kontrol - so those programs can build up the databases. After that Izotope, in the same vst folder you create beforehand, same as on your old computer ideally. Then Ableton set the vst folder to scan if neccessary, but normally with only vst3 no problem. BUT if you want no stress opening projects use the same install location for the libraries as on the old computer!!!! Otherwise you have to scan once after opening the projects on the new computer.

• paul ray
    paul ray Member Posts: 9 Newcomer

Uwe, makes sense to me. thanks !

This discussion has been closed.