Kontrol S49 mkII, browser button broken?

Options
Nutrix
Nutrix Member Posts: 7 Newcomer

Hello everybody

I just bought a Kontrol S49 mkII, a brand new.

I loved it straight away. But last night when I tried it in depth, I noticed that the browser button had a strange sensation. That is to say, all the other buttons on the keyboard make a sort of very satisfying click when I press them, but the browser button seems a bit harder to press and doesn't make the same click. Have I received a faulty keyboard or is this normal? Someone who has an mkII could tell me if they have the same thing. Thanks in advance 

Best Answer

• Nutrix
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Jeremy_NI for the moment, everything seems to be working, but the sensation is a little annoying because sometimes I don't press hard enough for the button to activate.

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,020 mod
    Options

My S61 MK2 does 'click' on the "Browser" button too (in fact I checked the whole keyboard and all push-buttons clicked)..

I have no idea though if a working but 'not clicking' is considered a defect with respect to a repair for that you would have to ask N.I. . I do however think that it is something that 'warrants' that you a close eye with the button.. Though I have no idea what it physically means for the internal contact working if the button does not click..

Thinking how I would think if it had been my own keyboard and knowing how electronics buttons can work then I do understand you maybe feeling a little uneasy about it. However I am not sure that you will find support thinking that it is a defect as such , but in the end N.I. support will be the judge of that.

• Nutrix
    Options

ho gosh, I hope it's nothing. especially in the long run, I spend my days watching keyboard unboxing while waiting for them to click on the browser button to hear hahaha.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,837 mod
    Options

@Nutrix It's a little hard to figure out if it's just a "discovery" issue or a hardware defect from the description. The browser knob/button is not like all the other buttons and knobs. Is there anything else that seems not functional or gives you trouble?

• Nutrix
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Jeremy_NI for the moment, everything seems to be working, but the sensation is a little annoying because sometimes I don't press hard enough for the button to activate.