Guitar Rig 7 is showing in KK browser as Guitar Rig 6

Options
channelorangutan
channelorangutan Member Posts: 8 Newcomer

Hi,

I am on a 2021 M1 Macbook Pro with Ventura 13.5.2 and have installed Guitar Rig 7. I have a problem when using Komplete Kontrol (v2.9.4 current version). When I load an instrument into Komplete Kontrol, such as 40's VO Drums, and then go to choose an effect in the browser, I cannot see Guitar Rig 7, but Guitar Rig 6 is showing (with no image).

I have tried to delete and reinstall everything following the guides provided by NI, doing a clean reinstall of Komplete Kontrol, Maschine 2 and Guitar Rig 7 (but leaving my libraries for Kontakt and others in the Users/Shared folder alone):

Application Files

• Macintosh HD > Applications > Native Instruments > *Product Name* (folder)
  • Macintosh HD > Library > Preferences > com.native-instruments.*Product Name*.plist

Plug-in Files

• Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Plug-ins > Components > *Product Name*.component
  • Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Plug-ins > VST > *Product Name*.vst
  • Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins > VST3 > *Product Name*.vst3
  • Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Digidesign > Plug-ins > *Product Name*.dpm
  • Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Avid > Audio > Plug-ins > *Product Name*.aaxplugin

App-specific Data and Support Files

• Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > *Product Name* (folder)
  • Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Service Center > *Product Name*.xml

Preferences Files (User Library)

• Macintosh HD > Users > *Your User Name* > Library > Preferences > com.native-instruments.*Product Name*.plist
  • Macintosh HD > Users > *Your User Name* > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > *Product Name* (folder)

I also tried clearing the favorites.db3 file from the User Library location on my mac (via the hidden folder access) at Users/*Your User Name*/Application Support/Native Instruments/Shared folder and also the pal.db3 file from Users/*Your User Name*/Application Support/Native Instruments/Service Center

Even after that, and relaunching the standalone app for Komplete Kontrol, it rebuilt the db3 and still shows Guitar Rig 6 as the name for Guitar Rig 7 with no thumbnail. It's driving me nuts! I suspect I have to delete something within Native Access/Service Center/NI Resources, but I don't know what to delete. I did try deleting the *.db and *.meta files in NI Resources database folders, but that just made the shortnames and colors of the items disappear, so I put them back. What else do I have to remove to get Guitar Rig 7 to show the correct name?

Strangely, Maschine 2 is showing Guitar Rig 6 AND Guitar Rig 7.

Thanks in advance

Answers

• channelorangutan
    channelorangutan Member Posts: 8 Newcomer
    Options

SOLVED (partially):

The Guitar Rig Presets from Community Drive 2021 were getting picked up by KK and Maschine and showing up in the browser as Guitar Rig 6 presets. Because I deleted Guitar Rig 6, it I guess KK defaulted to Guitar Rig 7 for those presets! Now, I still don't know how to get Guitar Rig 7 to show up in the browser!

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

You should try to reset Komplete Kontrol's database:

Reinitialize the KOMPLETE KONTROL Database

1. Go to the following location on your computer:
    2. Macintosh HD > Users > *Your User Name* > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments
    3. Note: The User Library folder is hidden. See this article for instructions to access hidden macOS folders.
    4. Search through the Native Instruments folder at this location to find the KOMPLETE KONTROL folder.
    5. Delete only the KOMPLETE KONTROL folder found here.
    6. Note: Deleting other NI product folders could result in unexpected behavior with other applications.
    7. Reboot your computer and reopen the KOMPLETE KONTROL software to check that the issue has been resolved.

Also this article could be helpful: How to Import User Presets from Older Versions to Guitar Rig 7