Functionality in Komplete Standard 14 - how can use my electric guitar to mimic an bass guitar?

Options
KettleDrop
KettleDrop Member Posts: 9 Newcomer

What functionality could I use in Komplete Standard 14 to use my electric guitar to mimic a bass guitar?

I want to record electric bass tracks but don't want to buy an electric bass guitar. I plan on purchasing the A49 Komplete Kontrol, but am trying to decide if I need Komplete Standard 14 to mimic a bass guitar.

Thank you in advance!

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,100 mod
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

in k14 standard you have session bassist and scarbie rickenbacher bass, and one or two more. So with k14 standard you should be covered. You can use guitar rig to give you bass the desired color if needed. You would then need a audio to midi converter in your DAW. Or you use gr to make your guitar sound like a bass, with an octaver for example and other stuff like eq, neck pickup and heavy strings also should help.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,100 mod
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

in k14 standard you have session bassist and scarbie rickenbacher bass, and one or two more. So with k14 standard you should be covered. You can use guitar rig to give you bass the desired color if needed. You would then need a audio to midi converter in your DAW. Or you use gr to make your guitar sound like a bass, with an octaver for example and other stuff like eq, neck pickup and heavy strings also should help.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    Options

Don't forget the 'Classic Bass' from the Factory Library. Simple with a small footprint, but sounds great.

I recently finished an old track with the K3 version going through Cubase compressor and Amp simulator and couldn't bring myself to replace it with Scarbee.