Comments

• mitrosive@gmail.com
    mitrosive@gmail.com Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

This piece a gear looks tough!

• garbagetruckdriver
    garbagetruckdriver Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Will the NKS direct Kontakt integration extend to Kontakt instances loaded on remote machines/hosts, for example, when attached to a local DAW, but talking to Kontakt hosted on a Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 instance hosted on a remote computer (connected via GigE of course)?

• Lenron
    Lenron Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Not having a touch screen is totally fine. I really get tired of everything having a touch screen if I am completely honest. Adding a touch screen to vehicles was a stupid idea, a keyboard or buttons can a lot of the time be so much faster. Like I have been saying for ages keep touch screens away from my music. I wouldn't have mind the ss61 mk iii or the s88 having an audio interface but I own 2 and the maschine as well so no big deal.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,305 Guru
    Options

Here's my question..

Are there plans to bring elements of the NKS2 on-device "windowing" experience to the desktop GUI?

Having the desktop GUI mimic the windowing of the new on-device display would bring the some of the visual usability benefits of NKS2 to more users.

• MLARS
    MLARS Member Posts: 32 Helper
    Options

XY Pad or Touch screen should have been included on all MK3.

• Mal
    Mal Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Can you give some specific details on the Midi 2.0 implementation? Do the Kontrol knobs support fine resolution and does that get passed to the target instrument? Also has the jitter improved?

• yupus
    yupus Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

This. I have an S1 88 and and S2 61 and to replace with new S3's would be expensive and a pain. Ok, poly after touch, but I could get another MPE keyboard/synth.

Please don't leave users of current models in the dark. We helped build your business.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,364 Expert
    edited September 2023
    Options

Indeed.

If Kontakt is the main target software for the new KK, then it should have Pads and at least one XY touchpad, as many Kontakt instruments are either for percussion or offer an XY control as main sound design tool.

IMO, a Komplete Fail.

As others have stated before: We need NI Komplete Blocks.

• stefan.caerts
    stefan.caerts Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Like it !!

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 222 Pro
    Options

Hey, ive asked but no one aserwed - is support for Reason planned?

• Glenn Rueger
    Glenn Rueger Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

As an owner of the Mk2 88 version I was dreading having to buy the new model but was relieved to see I was not going to be missing out on faders which would have been the only reason to upgrade to the new model. The rotary knobs on my Mk2 have never been used. Instead I use outboard faders.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,305 Guru
    edited September 2023
    Options

To each their own, but it is a bit surprising to never have used the knobs.

I remember a particular friend who heavily resisted the trackpad on his laptop and alway attached a mouse.

I think he eventually adapted, but it was his rant for a few years at least.

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 636 Pro
    Options

I alluded to the control knobs being finer resolution in a "wishlist thread" earlier in the summer (or maybe that was back in February), and one or two people wanted to ban me from computers AND music.

Okay, that second part is not true, but I did get my hand slapped for not understanding MIDI 2.0 and for expecting that it would encourage controller makers to produce equipment with fine resolution controls. I still don't know why I'm wrong, but I get told I'm wrong about SOMETHING by really smart people on the internet at least three or four times each week. I'm amazed that I can even clothe myself! 😏

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 920 mod
    Options

😜

Hello! @Matthew_NI here. I wish I was on vacation. We've been a little busy!

Today is the day!

There are so many fantastic questions and much critical feedback to get through. @Chris_NI and myself will get going, and I look forward to discussing with y'all shortly.

This discussion has been closed.