Ask me anything: Kontrol S-Series MK3

Comments

• NodeOperator
    NodeOperator Member Posts: 16 Member

Respecting what was done with Komplete Kontrol MK2, I’m not unhappy to see the inheritances in the MK3. Without banging on about larger changes, that may have been. What’s the chance of more customisation of midi templates in Komplete Kontrol software? I think I mentioned before, how great it would be to add ‘hardware’ graphics, colours, fonts etc (maybe provided by manufacturers) to midi templates. Just add that character and quick identification to hardware set ups that would be next level, and probably not that difficult to implement. At least bridging those hybrid set ups, a little bit more. 🎹

• GLS
    GLS Member Posts: 1 Member

Hi, I've been waiting for FL studio integration for ages. Can elaborate how well (on which levels) it's integrated with FL studio. Is it just plug & play?

• jeff groom
    jeff groom Member Posts: 16 Member

Will there be a Floor rig kontrol suitable for the the Mk3. Also will I be able to connect my 'actual' guitars to the Mk3, whence the query re:- A rig Kontroller especially suited to Guitar rig pro 7. ( A Christmas Hope). Cheers.

• forwardmusic76
    forwardmusic76 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited September 2023

Sliders would be a great addition for Spitfire and other orchestral libraries.

Also enough sliders to use Hammond emulations.

or even another usb midi port if there isn't one so I could sit my midi controller on top of the keyboard.

Thanks

• Zephyr
    Zephyr Member Posts: 5 Member

As a Komplete Ultimate owner, I always feel a bit overcharged when buying an NI 88.... You include a load of software I've already paid for... it would be great if you did something for people in my position, either in the form of a discount on the 88 or a further discount on our next Komplete upgrade.

Mk3 88 looks nice... I just wish it had a set of Maschine pads, some drawer bars and an xy pad... so much free space on both sides. I think people would lose their minds and you'd corner the market.

• Mavros
    Mavros Member Posts: 33 Member

Today it is possible to add third party libraries in the Kontakt 7 browser. I personally only tried it out for Kontakt libraries which do not have NKS support the Spitfire Sacconi Quartet not for non-Kontakt ones. It works well.

We also have templates in KK which can define buttons and other cc controllers for a library or instrument and which can also create light guides. Together this is close to what NKS does automatically if you open an NKS compatible library in KK and now also in Kontakt. What is missing for these thrid party libraries is the possibility to add a picture in the Kontakt browser (nice to have) and to link it automatically to a KK template (a real help)

It would be great if the new Komplete Kontrol app coming with the new keyboard would have this linking feature and maybe a bit more sophisticated template editor.

• EvertJG
    EvertJG Member Posts: 24 Member

I'm curious about Machine control, and specifically the use of the expansion kits, from the new keyboard and if any of that will be televant for my S61 MK2 keyboard too.

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 424 Pro

I am absolutely confounded by the total lack of even any mention of Maschine.

I'm also not really seeing the amount of 'must have' features that one might expect from a major upgrade.

The decrease in 'value' but not price of the MSP and Komplete Upgrades isn't exactly doing anything to nullify the perception of the current 'version' of NI as putting money before any other consideration.

Why, by now, are users on the new issue seemingly not able to create their own chord libraries and key assign them?

How long has such a feature been requested.

Sorry if this sounds negative, you've no idea just how much I'd love to see something to be properly positive about..............

• Ed M
    Ed M Member Posts: 149 Advisor

I have 2 questions:

One of the selling points in the video's I saw thus far is the DAW integration. As far as I can tell it seems to be identical as the MK2 keyboards. Could you give some insight in future plans regarding DAW integration?

Are the chords sets the same as they have ever been? Any plans on adding new ones, or allow users to create chord sets?

• TapTapDoubleTap
    TapTapDoubleTap Member Posts: 14 Member

One of the YouTube video reviewers said NI had said something about allowing animations on the display screen. Can you give us any idea of what the ambition is in that regard, and when it might happen?

Also, what's happening behind the scenes before 31 October? What sort of things are you working on before the official launch?

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,322 Guru

For me, the "must have" is NKS2 and the improved workflow it will bring in conjunction with the new screen.

That alone is enough for me.

NKS2 is the bed-rock foundation to an improved user experience.

• billtruran
    billtruran Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I run dual M-audio Hammer 88's fed by NI software. I love it so now I have the entire 70's set up. Piano, Hammond, Rhodes as well as a bunch of others that I really don't use much. It's great!

• synchronizerman
    synchronizerman Member Posts: 13 Member
    edited September 2023

Isn't bus power a no-go when connected to a laptop? I liked that the mkII had external power.

• James L Shabazz
    James L Shabazz Member Posts: 1 Member

is this going to make the mkll pretty much obsolete?

This discussion has been closed.