Key mapping missing on some instrument

Options
Barry Doublet
Barry Doublet Member Posts: 16 Member
edited September 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Hey everyone,

Just recently the key mapping on my s61 is acting strange. I now have not lights on the keyboard for the following instruments: Albion One, Evolve Mutations 1&2, Evolve R2, Hypha and probably more. (Cubase & Windows 10)

Anyone else having this issue?

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,787 mod
    Answer โœ“
    Options

@Barry Doublet I suspect the issue is coming more from Kontakt than Komplete Kontrol. That"s why I mentioned Kontakt in standalone and not Komplete Kontrol. Please follow these steps here: KONTAKT Crashes

Resetting the database and deleting the user registry do reset everything to default.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited September 2023 Answer โœ“
    Options

Hey @Barry Doublet

For 1 and 2, these are not Kontakt instruments, as far as I know so I don't think the keys are supposed to be reflected on the Komplete Kontrol keyboard, you might want to check with the manual or Spitfire resource, not sure if they have a standalone application either, you could check that first.

For 3, blue keys is normal. Open the Kontakt standalone application, if the keys are blue on the onscreen keyboard then the keys will be blue.

ยซ1

Answers

• Barry Doublet
    Options

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Updating Kontact 7. All to no resolve

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

Hey @Barry Doublet does it also happen in Komplete Kontrol in standalone? What version of Komplete Kontrol are you using and what version of Kontakt 7?

• Barry Doublet
    Options

Hello @Jeremy_NI

This happens in both Komplete Kontrol in Cubase and standalone (as I tried looking for an option to switch it on in the paramotors)

I have Kontakt 7 v7.6.0

I also noticed that the onscreen keyboard has all white keys for every instrument.

Here for instance Choir Omnia. Shouldn't the playable keys be the same colour as what is alight on the actual keyboard?

Plus some of my Spitfire instruments have no control parameters or information from the keyboard as the whole keyboard is lit in blue, not just the playable keys. In all cases, I am getting the instruments.

Does this help? If there is any other information you need, please let me know

Thanks

Barry

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Barry Doublet Yes indeed, the onboard keyboard should not be like that for Choir Omnia.

Maybe you can give this a try: KOMPLETE KONTROL Crashes step 1 and 2.

Start Komplete Kontrol again after that, wait a little for it to rebuild the database, does it fix it?

• Barry Doublet
    Options

Thanks @Jeremy_NI

I tried the deletion of those files and restarted KK.

This issue is still there I'm sad to say. ๐Ÿ˜ข

I await to hear your next piece of advice

• Barry Doublet
    Options

Hey there @Jeremy_NI

I think there is a connection to the instrument that are missing their lights on the keyboard to something I did recently.

A little while ago I enlarging the screen size of the Komplet Kontrol window by going into "view" then "edit view" and zooming to 125/150%. Maybe there is something there which triggered this?

• Barry Doublet
    Options

Thank @simiriti

I have already done 1-5 and to no avail. Looks like no one else has had this issue so it's time to do 6

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,095 mod
    Options

Sounds to me more like the native background service is not ruining, i have to look up the name, if you try to midimap the keyboard within kk and make the colors for the keys - does it then react? I mean where you can also make splitmaps for the keyboard.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

Interesting. So what if you open Kontakt in standalone with these libraries, does Kontakt also show a white keyboard, without any key zone or key switches?

If you do these steps here: KONTAKT Crashes Does it fix the issue in Kontakt? Does it also fix it in Komplete Kontrol?

• Barry Doublet
    Options

Hey there @Jeremy_NI

Both show a white keyboards(Cubase and standalone KK). Both have the same light issues on the same instruments.

Is there a way to reset the keyboard (s61) and the software to factory preset setting or original version of the day I purchased?

• Barry Doublet
    Options

@Uwe303

I have try to change the keyboard midimap and it did nothing (apart from change the default colours when you don't use it)

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer โœ“
    Options

@Barry Doublet I suspect the issue is coming more from Kontakt than Komplete Kontrol. That"s why I mentioned Kontakt in standalone and not Komplete Kontrol. Please follow these steps here: KONTAKT Crashes

Resetting the database and deleting the user registry do reset everything to default.

• Barry Doublet
    Options

@Jeremy_NI

Big thanks,

That seems to have fixed a most things. I now have lights on all my instruments and inactive ones where there is no notes (as with the Evolve Mutation instruments). Although I have three other issues now:

1) Spitfire BBC Symphonic Orchestra has all keys alight, even those that have no instrument assigned to them

2) Spitfire Epic Choirs has lights but no sounds play on any keys

3) Finally, isn't the key colours for Hypha supposed to be Green, not Blue?

• Jeremy_NI
    edited September 2023 Answer โœ“
    Options

Hey @Barry Doublet

For 1 and 2, these are not Kontakt instruments, as far as I know so I don't think the keys are supposed to be reflected on the Komplete Kontrol keyboard, you might want to check with the manual or Spitfire resource, not sure if they have a standalone application either, you could check that first.

For 3, blue keys is normal. Open the Kontakt standalone application, if the keys are blue on the onscreen keyboard then the keys will be blue.

• Barry Doublet
    Options

Thank you @Jeremy_NI

I will try reinstalling the Spitfire files.

A great help and service you provide =)