Trying to map knobs to CC controls is driving me crazy!
I have Maschine and I'm making a rack using blocks, and I'm trying to get the knobs to control the sustain on the Bento Box ADSR and I just can't get it to work. I'm not against reading manuals or watching tutorials, I've done both and I can't find info to help me. So here's what I've done and seen.
Stuff that works normally:
- Loading a Reaktor preset which uses the Maschine cc knobs.
- Loading my rack and using "midi learn" to map the sustain to the velocity of a midi key on the "keyboard" of Maschine.
- Turning a knob on the Maschine and seeing the MIDI indicator turn on.
Stuff that works weird:
- Hooking up my Oxygen 25, using MIDI learn, and wiring up to a CC knob causes the sustain to freak out when I turn the knob.
- Looking at the MIDI window shows that turning one knob appears as multiple CC #'s, which is odd to me.
Stuff that doesn't work:
- Using MIDI learn and touching a cc knob on Maschine.
I've tried reverse engineering a preset and I feel like I've looked at every window, but I cannot figure out how the preset causes the midi knob mapping to work. Even just a hint on what section to search in the manual would be awesome. I've looked at several sections and some things don't even line up with what I'm seeing. I've seen a number of references to "Audio and MIDI Settings..." and I don't have that in Reaktor (v6.5.0).
In a fun twist, I noticed that in presets (where the knobs work) the Maschine knobs DON'T cause the MIDI indicator to light up.
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, any help, even "RTFM... look for 'widget'" would be greatly appreciated.
- All Categories
- 21 Welcome
- 2.1K Hangout
- 85 NI News
- 1.4K Tech Talks
- 2.3K Native Access
- 13.3K Komplete
- 1.3K Komplete General
- 2.8K Komplete Kontrol
- 3.8K Kontakt
- 3.5K Reaktor
- 327 Battery 4
- 596 Guitar Rig & FX
- 315 Massive X & Synths
- 701 Other Software & Hardware
- 4K Maschine
- 4.9K Traktor
- 4.6K Traktor Software & Hardware
- Check out everything you can do
- Create an account
- See member benefits
- Answer questions
- Ask the community
- See product news
- Connect with creators