GUI design: adventures in Blender.

Comments

• Bolle
    Bolle Member Posts: 349 Pro
    edited July 2022

I love that the Dannenberg Brass has a colour picker for the control panels. I incorporated that feature in the 3D design.

You can download Chet Singer's Dannenberg Brass instrument here:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/13607/

Greets,

Bolle

• ANDREW221231
    ANDREW221231 Member Posts: 295 Advisor

i thought the skin was a nice gesture and would have probably utilized it for personal use but truth be told wasn't really sure i was comfortable redistributing it on the UL

now since i have redesigned the vocoder to such a profound quality increase that it's too good to give away for free, the UL will actually soon be taken down and your skin definitely would not have been used for anything outside personal use

you seem to have picked up on 'commercial' as meaning i was intending to sell your design? what i meant was the vocoder is now better and i wanted to return the gesture by giving you a copy, and while i could have worded it better, i did take some care in phrasing to signal that i understood and respected that our respective intellectual property were 'oil and water' which you might have picked up on had you read more carefully. as it stands, since you interpreted this attempt to reciprocate with suspicion and decided you couldn't trust me not to steal it i definitely am now no longer interested

also i find it humorous that the subtext of "Let me get this straight. I'm sending you a design for free at the risk of you selling it commercially?" is that the commercial value of my design would vary significantly depending on whether or not i stole your decoration...

since we're both creators which assumes a certain respect and mutual understanding i wasn't really thinking if the relative differential value of such a 'trade', but if there was a danger of ripping each other off lets just say you would have come out on top in that situation. again this is a community where anyone at the level of developer understands this stuff and it doesn't really need spoken that we won't steal each others designs, so even talking about this feels a bit gross

so, to recap: you solicited me with your design, unprompted, woefully misinterpreted my response, and without asking for clarification decided that you didn't trust me not to steal it and then reneged on your offer? my friend, i have no idea what kind of behavior this is but you have profoundly lost the plot

• Bolle
    edited July 2022

Whatever dude. I am in no way obligated to trust a stranger on the internet to not sell my designs. It's not personal and you can't make it so.

Sure. I've completely lost the plot. Says the guy who wrote half a book in my thread to then delete most of it. Not that i read any of it. I have zero interest in the ramblings of internet strangers.

• ANDREW221231
    ANDREW221231 Member Posts: 295 Advisor

those were written before i had fully understood the situation and was still trying to give you the benefit of the doubt

of course you are perfectly free to do as you like, i already said i no longer want your cr*p. that was just to let you know how insulting i considered the exchange, and now in doing so made my peace with the situation

ok see you later!!

• Chet Singer
    Chet Singer Member Posts: 56 Advisor

Bolle, I like the new Moog knobs you've placed into the UL.

Might you be persuaded to add a Moog-style rocker switch, a red pushbutton, and an illuminated indicator light?

• Bolle
    edited July 2022

Yes! I've actually thought of rocker switches, but can't decide on the size. The relative sizes of the NI standards aren't a good reference point, but I'll figure something out that works for both regular instruments and blocks.

What type of indicator light were you thinking of? Regular LED?

Greets,

Bolle

• Chet Singer

LEDs work. But I was thinking of the incandescent lamps on their sequencers.

• KoaN
    KoaN Member Posts: 103 Advisor

You certainly have lost the plot,approaching someone in a friendly way,proposing something and in a fraction of a second treating him like a thief (and as you say an internet stranger),pushing him away and being surprised he had something to say about it.

Maybe you should pay a bit more attention to what "internet strangers" say sometimes.

• Bolle

So, i should have zero apprehension about having offered a design and the potential receiver stating that an updated version of the thing i made the design for may very well be sold commercially. And i definitely do not run the risk of my free design getting sold for money.

Questioning any part of this scenario, i surely must be losing my mind.

Ok.

I have no expectations about you, or anyone, thinking my apprehension is in any way reasonable.

Ya'll think what you think. I could not care less.

Greets,

Bolle

• KoaN
    KoaN Member Posts: 103 Advisor

All of what you just wrote now IS reasonable and clear.

The point here is what you first expressed didn't convey that at all,it seemed a lot more like an abrupt accusation out of the blue without even asking for clarification. With that behavior It's expected someone would react.

Anyway,no need to say more...I will let your thread be.

• Bolle

Who can guess what i'm playing around with?

Greets,

Bolle

• Chet Singer

Juno 60, I think.

• Bolle

Yes! Trying out a reskin of Guido Weber's Juno 60 instrument. Mainly as a testing ground for building a working keyboard. I'm making it as true to the real thing as i can, as an exercise in realism (dusty vent holes, slightly worn paint, faded colours...), but there are certain functions not included in Guido's build.

If anyone has suggestions for things to do with the empty space from the memory banks, feel free to let me know. The idea right now is a big scope display of the output signal. That's boring.

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle
    edited July 2022

Progress.

Already looks kinda better than the VSTi Roland released. An extra few lighting tweaks and i need to figure out what i want to do with the empty GUI space and which features to include on the mod control panel.

Eventually i'll probably choose to get away from an 100% accurate representation of a Juno 60. Then i can make the control panel more readable by making everything larger to fill the width of the synth.

Greets,

Bolle.