GUI design: adventures in Blender.

Comments

• Bolle
    Bolle Member Posts: 377 Pro
    edited August 26

Tape machine changes. More knobs. More space. More uniform. More vintage hi-fi.

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle

Reskin of Stephen Reid's 'Tape Mate' tape degradation ensemble.

It has rotating tape reels.

Screenshot:

Get it here:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/15411/

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle

A while ago, someone asked about how to animate the background of an instrument.

I did it by rendering a 120° turn of each reel (3 x animation looks like a complete revolution) into 120 frames.

1 frame:

Grabbed a Ramp oscillator and a Multi Picture module, and Bob's your uncle. Rotating tape reels.

Like so:

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle

Having some fun with a minibrute inspired synth by Theo Evangelatos.

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle

Reskin and slight edit of Theo Evangelatos' "BRUTAL8E" synth.

Before:

After:

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle

Adding external audio input to Novarius by way of a rocker switch below the volume knob.

When on, incoming audio goes through the distortion unit and into the filter / LFO section. So you can apply identical filtering to audio tracks. Can be used mono or stereo.

Greets,

Bolle

• Studiowaves
    Studiowaves Member Posts: 630 Advisor

That really looks good Bollie, nice job.

• Bolle
    edited August 31

A bit more work on @colB 's tone wheel organ.

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle
    edited September 4

Trying out something simple and small: a concept for a drop-down menu.

(screen grabs excluded mouse arrow. Don't know why.)

As it is: Takes up a lot of room, but it works the way it should. It's image based, so it's customisable with basic imaging software.

Want to solve: drop-down / browse uses a Mouse Area the size of the entire drop-down menu. Not a problem if nothing else is in the way. Something will be in the way. Next: experimenting with keeping the Y size down by making it scrollable. No idea how yet.

EDIT: solved real-estate issue with possibly overlapping Mouse Areas of separate drop-down menus. Click the rectangle to get the drop-down, hover to an option, click it.

Both the graphics of the browser menu and the Mouse Area on top of it now disappear when you make your selection click. And reappear when you click the menu rectangle. Now all i have to worry about is not having menus too close to the bottom of my GUI.

EDIT: This method allows me to place the browse / select menu wherever i want. Like above or beside the menu rectangle 'origin'.

Like so:

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle
    edited September 23

Novarius got an update: external audio input for adding drive and filtering to audio tracks (both mono and stereo).

I also changed all switch graphics to rocker switches for a more uniform look.

Get it here:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/15213/

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle
    edited September 29

Not sure yet if i'll upload this to the User Library. But i'll post it here.

This is an amalgamation of a simple synth i built, the old EzFFT Vocoder built by Gabriel Mulzer / Martijn Deluxe (in 2006) and a chorus of mine.

Sounds pretty good for an old vocoder.

File:

Greets,

Bolle

• Studiowaves
    Studiowaves Member Posts: 630 Advisor

I like it.

• Bolle
    edited September 30

Did a slight edit to the GUI of Novarius. The rocker switches looked too puny, so i made them larger.

Before:

After:

Doesn't make that much of a difference but i did it anyway. The switches on a Minimoog are even bigger. It's all in the detail.

If you prefer bigger switches, get the update here:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/15213/

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle
    edited October 1

Scaled up the rocker switches on Novarius even further. Not far off the real-life size, which is quite big.

Get it here:

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle

Messing around in Blender. Synth + vocoder design.

Greets,

Bolle