GUI design: adventures in Blender.

Options

Comments

• Schabbes
    Schabbes Member Posts: 5 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi there! (Matthias Schaffner here) :)

Sorry I only just now read your comment - if you have these working please upload them! They look really great!

Everything I have uploaded to the User Library is free to be mangled with and reuploaded by anyone.

• Bolle
    Bolle Member Posts: 349 Pro
    edited June 2023
    Options

Thank you! Both the BeBo and MoMo reskin are finished and almost ready for upload. All i really have to do is re-draw the cables because i moved the ports around a bit.

What i also want to do, though, is change the bezier curve of the cables. I want them to hang lower. Add some slack to them.

If anyone can help me achieve this, feel free to contact me.

Greets,

Bolle

• Schabbes
    Schabbes Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

The patch bay system is from salamanderanagram, maybe you can contact them for questions on how the cables are drawn.

• Bolle
    edited June 2023
    Options

Yeah. I'll see what i can do, at a later time. It's ok the way it is.

I uploaded the reskinned version of Bebo to the U/L.

Thanks again for giving me permission to reupload your ensemble.

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle
    Options

Here's the reskin of "BeBo". The Bento Box modular.

Get it here: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/14911/

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle
    Options

Here's the reskin of "MoMo mkII", the Monark modular by Matthias Schaffner.

Get it here: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/14913/

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle
    Options

Someone made a video reviewing the Bolland Bass Buddy.

Video:

The Bass Buddy is available for download here: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/14811/

I am hoping to be able to add Glide to the sequencer at a later time. And, as the video states, i also need to set the default pitch settings of the sequencer steps to 0 instead of the -12 they're at now. 😅

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle
    Options

Running into a small issue adding detune control to one of two oscillators.

2 Oscillators with identical settings, and Detune for Oscillator 2 set to 0.

I detune Oscillator 2.

I then reset the Detune knob for Oscillator 2 to 0. Doesn't work. The wave looks like this. Both Oscillators should be producing identical square waves.

Only when i switch Reaktor off and on again do things jump back to how they should be.

Problem seems to be coming from the simple tuning knob setup.

Anyone have a tip for solving this?

Thank you and greets,

Bolle

• colB
    colB Member Posts: 829 Guru
    Options

When the two are detuned, there relative phase is constantly changing. Then when you reset the detune to zero, the phase will be whatever it was at the last moment before the reset, which is unlikely to be the same for both oscillators.

You probably don't want to just reset the phase when the detune gets to zero, because you would get a glitch/click/thump. You could possibly set up some logic so that if detune is zero, oscillator two slowly changes its phase until it matches oscillator one. Not sure if that would get you what you need.

If it's a monolithic synth, simplest thing would be to reset the phase of the oscillators when there is a new note. You would still get a click, but there are various workarounds for that if it's at the start/end of a note.

Probably best is to accept it as a feature of analogue style synthesis ;)

• Bolle
    Options

Hmmm. That sounds interesting. The base oscillators are all standard Reaktor oscillators with Sync and Phase inputs.

Maybe i can set up something that resets the phase of the second oscillator, or both oscillators, when the detune knob hits zero?

Thanks for the insight, Colin.

Greets,

Bolle

• colB
    Options

If you just reset it, it will glitch. If you slew it (or some sort of smoothing) it will maybe give a slight detune/chorus depending on how slow the slew is, until the phases eventually catch up with each other.

Not sure if you would need to hack the oscillators for that though. Probably.

Another way to think about it would be... when the detune hits zero, hold it slightly detuned until the phases match... ideally you would calculate how long and reduce the detune over time until the phases match exactly when the pitches match... Not sure what the math is for that... must be achievable though!

• Bolle
    edited June 2023
    Options

I did a very basic test.

Two oscillators. Detune control for the second oscillator. Detune control connected to a Compare/Equal module set to equal zero . The Compare/Equal module fires a 1 (true) into the Sync input of both Oscillators when Detune hits zero. Boom. Two oscillators perfectly in phase every time Detune = 0.

Works very well. I can live with the little pop when they snap into phase.

Greets,

Bolle.

• Bolle
    edited June 2023
    Options

Goshdarnit. I was wrong. It's not working.

How does one reset the phase of an oscillator to 0 anyway? There must be a way to realign the oscillators to each other.

• colB
    Options

Here's a sketch that extracts the phase position from each osc, feeds it back and uses the delta to adjust the frequency of the second osc, so as the phase delta reaches zero, the phases align. It's tweaked so that it only 'pulls' progressively more on the phase when the detune knob goes from 10% to 0% of it's travel.

• Bolle
    Options

Many thanks, Colin.

I'm waiting for my Reaktor 6 update to appear in Native Access, so i can open your ensemble.

Greets,

Bolle