GUI design: adventures in Blender.

Options

Comments

• JSully
    JSully Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Makes total sense. Thanks a ton! It worked perfectly. I'm going to experiment with it more to see what I can come up with. Thanks again!

• Bolle
    Bolle Member Posts: 349 Pro
    Options

In case you missed it:

The preliminary version of Dowager 2.0 is available for download on the User Library. There's plenty of room for improvement (and i need a little help with that) but it sounds pretty good the way it is, if i do say so myself.

Link:

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle
    Options

Update: I added LFO Sync. Click the LFO indicator LED to switch between free and synced mode.

The LFO LED turns blue and a length display appears below the Rate knob when synchronization is switched on.

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle
    edited October 2022
    Options

Making some slow progress on the build of this thing. Sequencer and step->pitch control coming along.

It won't look exactly like this design. It'll only have a 16 step sequencer. My initial plan was to make it switchable between 16 and 32 steps.

Greets,

Bolle

• Jhonbpm
    Jhonbpm Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options
  • Jhonbpm
    Jhonbpm Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options

so nice ...

• Bolle
    Options

Progress on the Bass Buddy BB303.

Accent button in the first design is made redundant by making each sequencer button tripple-state.

Each sequencer button has three states. By clicking, they go from Off to Standard to Accent and back again. Doing so, the LED goes from off to half to full brightness. Sequencer position is displayed by a blue marker around the LED of the current step (in this image, step 14).

Each step has a pitch setting. Hovering over the step number and dragging up/down changes the pitch in semitones. (-12 to +36).

I still have to figure out how to implement GLIDE. That'll take me some time to achieve.

So in the mean time i'm trying to incorporate a simple drum machine utilising the same sequencer buttons. Accent and glide buttons will probably be switched out for two buttons switching the sequencer between 303 and drums (three-state: kick, snare and hats).

Greets,

Bolle

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited October 2022
    Options

I still have to figure out how to implement GLIDE.

Please take a look in Steampipe 2 to glide the arpeggiator - a smoothing one

In Lunchbox (U/L) by eige kitamura is accent and slide.

EDIT 2022-10-09

A simple but effective slide by Martin Brinkmann

• Paule
    Options

In 2011 I use the Gizmo Accent Sys. It's attached

• Bolle
    Options

Problem i need help with:

The oscillator / sampler gets triggered when turning the SYNC knob and/or the STEPS knob. They also get triggered when hitting the Reset button of the Reaktor clock/player.

When starting the sequencer (hitting play in Reaktor), the first step of the sequence is not played. Though it is played when the sequencer comes back around to step 1.

If anyone is bored and willing to help me out, you are most welcome. It's a fairly unorthodox build method, i'm sure, but i got this far so i might as wel try to finish it. This will eventually be available for download in the U/L.

Here's the test build i'm working on:

The sequencer only has two layers for now (303 and kick). Snare and hats will be added when i get this running.

Sequencer layers (303, kick, snare and hats) will be viewable by use of stacked macros and different colour LED's. The two current layers are not in stacked macros yet. To make one or the other invisible, use the View tab in Properties.

Greets,

Bolle

• Paule
    edited October 2022
    Options

This 3 buttons moves to left instead of down by pressing.

Missing step 1 - you can delay the sequencer

Please use an Order module and a Value module. Second order to value and third order to trig. First order left to free.

• Bolle
    Options

Thank you Paule.

Where do i put the delay?

Where do i put the Order and Value modules?

Greets,

Bolle

• bolabo
    bolabo Member Posts: 97 Advisor
    Options

Hi Bolle, this looks amazing! I looked a the sequencer and I thought that it might be more complicated than it needs to be, you could make a simple sequencer justing the 'Selector/Scanner' module. In this example I had to gang together 2 of them, as the module is limited to a maximum of 16 inputs. Therefore it looks more complicated than it is :)

You could also a 'Value' module triggered by the clock to avoid any unwanted events when turning the 'Sync' Knob etc (I think this is what Paule was suggesting) -->

Here's the ensemble -->

I hope this is helpful.

Thinking about it though, maybe using the tables like you did is more flexible as it's easier to have sequences of any length.

• Paule
    Options

The Order module is the delay. Oh yes, a very small one.

Thanks Alex for your help.