[Giveaway] Collect badges for a chance to win Traktor X1 MK3

Options
Kaiwan_NI
Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,599 admin
edited November 2023 in Social Club

Participate in 3 DJ discussions this month and you could score the next-gen X1 for your next gig.

Join Traktor X1 MK3 giveaway

To celebrate the launch of Traktor's sleek new portable DJ controller, we're gifting the X1 MK3 to one lucky winner who's snagged all 3 special badges this month. 

How to participate in the raffle

1. Sign up to be a community member.

2. Tell us what you're most excited about the X1 MK3 by leaving a comment on this thread.

3. Collect 3 badges by joining 3 "DJ discussions of the month" happening throughout September. Stay tuned to this thread for updates on which discussions to join.

Once you leave a comment in the discussion, a badge will be added to your profile automatically.

4. Check if you've collected all 3 badges by going to your profile.

5. Community members who've earned all 3 badges and left a comment on this thread will be automatically entered into a raffle.

We'll announce the winner in the first week of October here. Good luck!

Terms & Conditions: This competition is being conducted by NATIVE INSTRUMENTS GmbH from August 29, 2022 until October 4, 2023. By entering the competition, participants agree to these terms and conditions. All personal information is protected by privacy and data protection laws and will not be shared with third parties. Participants must be 18 years of age or older. Employees of the Soundwide group are not eligible to participate. By submitting an entry on the online community, participants can win a free NFR Traktor X1 MK3. One winner will be chosen at random. The winner will be notified by direct message, and is required to notify Native Instruments that s/he accepts the prize within one week after receiving the notification. If Native Instruments does not receive notification within this period, the winner forfeits the prize and Native Instruments reserves the right to choose another winner. A cash payout of the prize is ruled out. The right of appeal is excluded. The laws of the Federal Republic of Germany apply exclusively; Berlin, Germany, shall be the exclusive court of jurisdiction.

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,599 admin
    Options

The first DJ discussion of the month is Ask me anything: X1 MK3

Head over there and drop a comment. You'll get the first badge right away ✌️

• tibq67
    tibq67 Member Posts: 17 Member
    Options

I would very much like to write what I like most about the x1 mk3, but since I don't own it, I can't compare it with my x1mk2, it looks very good, even though I already read on the forum that the bottom is too bright and it can be a problem, according to the answer, there is an option to turn it off and I think that everything needs its time, as the time has come for the release of x1mk3, probably the best timing from NI, I am an active user of Z2, x1 mk2, traktor pro3, and maschine mikro mk3, they are all Hardware that can fully satisfy the most demanding users, if someone is not satisfied, it's only because the competition produces more models every year, why, I think it's always given with a short interval of time, until someone doesn't even know how to choose, I feel that they always release something new if the previous hardware lacks something, so I think the timing of the x1 mk3 is excellent, we don't want to waste money every year on a new and ridiculous DJ interface/controller/ like the competition. Well done Native Instruments, great job, you always innovate at the right time, with infinite respect, thanks

• tibq67
    tibq67 Member Posts: 17 Member
    Options

I would very much like to write what I like most about the x1 mk3, but since I don't own it, I can't compare it with my x1mk2, it looks very good, even though I already read on the forum that the bottom is too bright and it can be a problem, according to the answer, there is an option to turn it off and I think that everything needs its time, as the time has come for the release of x1mk3, probably the best timing from NI, I am an active user of Z2, x1 mk2, traktor pro3, and maschine mikro mk3, they are all Hardware that can fully satisfy the most demanding users, if someone is not satisfied, it's only because the competition produces more models every year, why, I think it's always given with a short interval of time, until someone doesn't even know how to choose, I feel that they always release something new if the previous hardware lacks something, so I think the timing of the x1 mk3 is excellent, we don't want to waste money every year on a new and ridiculous DJ interface/controller/ like the competition. Well done Native Instruments, great job, you always innovate at the right time, with infinite respect, thanks

• Anselm.
    Anselm. Member Posts: 29 Member
    Options

I am not too happy that the MK2 was out of stock without any anouncement of the MK3. Bought some used MK2 in the forehand.

I like that FX Assign and Track Load buttons now seem to be more robust, those broke quite often on my side. I'm hard with my fingers though. I dislike the removal of the touchstrip, though as I mostly used it for nudging I'm wondering if the buttons will do for me. Also I don't like the different buttons in the bottom, the plastic back and the different form factor which might demand new stands (I have a bunch of them already by buying used MK2). I wonder how customizeable the mapping is gonna be :)

• Itchygash
    Itchygash Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

From having the x1 my main use was using the top encoder and a key change pitch knob I'm hoping will be able to replicate this in the new mk3 as it was a smooth use/turn and does it still retain that feel? Everything else is a bonus and really looking forward to integrating into my work flow.

• Voyager
    Voyager Member Posts: 16 Member
    Options

I use an X1 mk2 now and i could use a second one to complete my setup. (Both for using 4 decks or mix and effects)

What i most like about the mk3 (from what i can see in the introduction) is the possibility to easy switch between effects controller and mix controller. I have already set up my mk2 to do just that, but now that it's standard it's a big improvement. Also because there's some lack of designated small mixer controller (i have no need for jog wheels).

• Justin Evans
    Justin Evans Member Posts: 27 Member
    Options

Love to buy but still have a lack of support for distorted playback with Straylight, Pharlight and Ashlight bundle.

• FParadiso
    FParadiso Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

I see myself using the x1mk3 with stems. I like how it's going to be easy to switch between eqs and effects. Lastly, I like the idea of using the X1MK3 with it's screens paired with CDJs at a club where it may be more convenient than bringing my S4.

What's everyone else thinking about the x1mk3 updates?

• JamusJae
    JamusJae Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Hi Ni. This looks good I also have a Z2, F1 and a X1 mk2. I am sight impaired so I hope this unit can be mini mapped like the previous versions that is important to me, to be able to customise it. I like the design. Screens will be useless to me as I won't be able to see them. design looks good and I won't miss the touch strip never use it.

• mrjackster
    mrjackster Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

I like that it seems to be built to be flexible - rather than hacking and remapping, it feels like a product with the intent of customisation and integration into different scenarios and Workflows

• SeulStizz
    SeulStizz Member Posts: 27 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

I'm most excited about potability and flexibility. It's something I can use at wedding ceremonies and the club that I DJ at. Also, you can connect other controllers to it! Finally! Haha I'm very interested to see how the lights help me! Admittedly just think it's cool at well :)

I have the X1mk1 now and was so close to preordering this. Just can't justify the spend right now.

• Marcelo Pacholak
    Marcelo Pacholak Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm really excited about this hardware upgrade. 
    I was already dreaming about this moment, 
    I hope that the other Z1 and D1 controllers also receive an update.
    :)

• nachopenades
    nachopenades Member Posts: 207 Pro
    Options

Good initiative, greetings.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,388 Expert
    Options

It's good to see new hardware.

X1 (mk2) is already a decent controller. Can't wait to play around with the mk3.

Looking forward to Z and F refreshes.

• imianwilliams
    imianwilliams Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options

Looking forward to pairing this with my Z2 for smaller gigs.

This discussion has been closed.