form synth - does it matter what note / key the sample start with is in ?

Options
converted
converted Member Posts: 23 Member
edited August 2023 in Reaktor

Hi, I have had a bunch of NI instruments for a while but have not dug into them all enough,

I have - form and want to start using it - experimenting,

I've seen some quick guide videos on using it and understand you can import any sample as a starting point, but does it matter what note or pitch of the sample you import is?

example -

So if I used a sample that was a one-shot note of A , then processed it,

When I press C on the keyboard afterwards - is form still outputting the note of C, D will still be D and so on -

so it is not relative to the pitch/note of the sample starting point?

any pointer appreciated

Cheers

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @converted This is taken from the 2nd paragraph of the manual: "When you drag a sample into FORM, the instrument analyses it. After determining the pitches present in the sample, FORM constructs a pitch curve that is superimposed on the sample "

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @converted This is taken from the 2nd paragraph of the manual: "When you drag a sample into FORM, the instrument analyses it. After determining the pitches present in the sample, FORM constructs a pitch curve that is superimposed on the sample "

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,161 mod
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hello,

form analyzes the pitch and takes it off the sample as good as it can, depending on the sample, on the sample tab you have a pitch-curve , you can see a line through the sample showing it. so if you play a c2 it should be a c2 and so on. Only of course if then on the sound tab the osc is not set to an offset.