All my Komplete Instruments are in Demo Mode

Options

Answers

• Aaron Guidry
    Aaron Guidry Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
    Options
    I think I have it resolved. Thanks for the advice!
  • Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Options

@Aaron Guidry Please get in touch with our support here: https://bit.ly/NI_support_NA

• catch-22
    catch-22 Member Posts: 76 Member
    edited March 17
    Options

@Aaron Guidry

I have a similar problem. How did you fix it?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Still not working for me after trying all steps twice from this article:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/4402377887121-My-Products-Are-Showing-As-DEMO-in-Native-Access

• Aaron Guidry
    Aaron Guidry Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
    Options

I had recently updated to Sonoma. Kontakt 5 needed to be updated to work with Sonoma. I had to update to Kontakt 7 and now everything works just fine. Sonoma and Kontakt 5 apparently don't get along, which is understandable considering Kontakt 5 is years old.

• catch-22
    Options

Ok, thanks. My problem is definitely not caused by OS incompatibilty. Half my products are in Demo Mode.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,324 mod
    edited March 17
    Options

Try downgrading to NATIVE ACCESS 3.8.0 , and if on Mac then after installation then please double check that ALL NI apps including NTKDaemon have full disk access !!

If the problem is the same the try resetting the Native Access XML file , look at section 8 here : My Product is Missing in Native Access (you are supposed to use another article here where you also clear product XML but in this case I will think that the N.A. XML in order).

• catch-22
    Options

Thanks @PoorFellow

I'm on Windows 10. The problems started after installing further available products. All newly installed ones were in DEMO mode right away. So i looked at solutions for that problem. After deleting folders and xml files, according to the NI trouble shooting guide mentioned in my first post, the problem got worse. So after NA created new folders and files it also killed my older activations. For example Kontakt is also in DEMO mode now although it was working fine for months/years. My NI account looks perfectly normal. I can see all the needed licences are still there. I also made sure logging in with the correct Native ID.

This is really bad. I can't do anything since saturday. I already created a support ticket but haven't got a reply yet.

• catch-22
    Options

In other words, following this guide brought me from a smaller issue to a total disaster

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/4402377887121-My-Products-Are-Showing-As-DEMO-in-Native-Access

• catch-22
    Options

Installing NA 3.8.0. doesn't solve the issue. It can only run once since it immediately updates to the current version 3.9.1 anyway. But it showed all the same products in DEMO mode like before. I made sure to delete all the folders and files (according to the guide mentioned in my previous post) before installing NA 3.8.0

• PoorFellow
    Options

Sorry to learn that the advice were of no help. Your Native Access situation does not appear as being good.

The only ones with a greater understanding of Native Access and also with an ability to check any eventual system problems is N.I. Support.

But it's good that you have already opened a ticket. So let us hope that N.I. support will help you get the problem fixed rather soon ! Please allow support up to a week to answer and if they do not respond within a week then politely update your ticket to let support know that you are still waiting for a response !

• catch-22
    edited March 18
    Options

@PoorFellow

Thanks. Can you please ask NI Support to read my ticket as soon as possible? Waiting few days for a normal response is not adequate in this situation. There seems to be a severe issue with NI's DRM system. I did everything i could to solve this myself.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Options

@mi-os You submitted your request yesterday, our offices are closed on the weekend, my colleagues will get back to you as soon as possible.

• catch-22
    edited March 18
    Options

I created the ticket saturday night after midnight. To me it's still the same day as before midnight. I hope that makes sense.

• catch-22
    edited March 18
    Options

Another observation:

Since Kontakt 6 is also in DEMO mode i also tried deleting 'Kontakt 6 Application.xml' found in 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center'. But unlike the 'Native Access.xml' in the same folder that file doesn't get generated again when i run NA.

The question is what process creates and detects missing application xml files? Should be NA, right? Why does it not connect the dots and sees that i already have Kontakt 6 installed and a valid licence and in this case the corresponding xml file either missing, faulty or implausible. It looks like NA's ability to repair itself isn't working correctly, if even possible.

-------------------------------------

A theory:

I'm pretty sure the problem is caused by the fact that some weeks ago i registered a new Komplete package and later deregistered another, redundant Komplete package from my account. My theory is that until saturday i was still running everything with my old activations. But after deleting 'Native Access.xml' and the folder structure in 'C:\Users\Public\Public Documents' Native Access is now having major problems replacing my old activations, which were based on a product no longer in my account, with new ones. NA was also not able to create activations for products i never installed before.

• PoorFellow
    edited March 18
    Options

@catch-22 ,

Quote : A theory: I'm pretty sure the problem is caused by the fact that some weeks ago i registered a new Komplete package and later deregistered another, redundant Komplete package from my account. My theory is that until saturday i was still running everything with my old activations. But after deleting 'Native Access.xml' and the folder structure in 'C:\Users\Public\Public Documents' Native Access is now having major problems replacing my old activations, which were based on a product no longer in my account, with new ones. NA was also not able to create activations for products i never installed before.

Your theory sounds very plausible !